Creaghorn

WOFF is now available!

it's taken over 1hr for me... 4 mins to go! 

I had no problems whatsoever, download or installation wise... :ok:

My only problem is that it's 3.00 in the morning...  :lazy:

Rats!

Not to WOFF, but because my hard drive failed this very evening!

Unfortunately, since I will now have to spend cash on a new HD, my budget won't allow me to purchase WOFF until at least the new year and some of the holiday bills have been paid off.

Rats, I say!

Rats!

Unfortunately, since I will now have to spend cash on a new HD, my budget won't allow me to purchase WOFF until at least the new year and some of the holiday bills have been paid off.

Rats, I say!

This is the worst thing that has ever happened to anyone. Ever. I grieve with you, comrade.

Rats!

Rats, I say!

I was just reading about your misfortune at the other place, that is damn bad luck.  .

I only discovered that my computer has decided it won't run CFS3/OFF a few weeks ago but at least I was forewarned before WOFF came out.

My comiserations to you.

I think ill wait a bit and see what people think , price is a bit steep considering the add on pack as well , we'll see .

Mine says it has 2 days and 18 hours to go.  ADSL is pretty slow (and pricey) here.  :blink:

I think the price is pretty well spot on. When you compare it to RoF with all the aircraft having to be bought seperately...A no brainer for me

I agree WM.  In fact, I think it's a bargain.  Can't wait to get home tonight, load it up, and see just how amazing it is.

• Like 1

The price is OK and Step at the same time guys, no one says it doesn't worth it BUT the price is still 60$, and it can be a good amount of money for a lot of people including me. And don't talk about PS3, XBOX games I stopped buying console games long ago cause the stupidly high prices.

Well got my copy and downloading was a snap.  Will have to break it to the fam that dinner is out of the question for the next couple of days due to budgetary surprise.  Any idea when the skins and more planes will become available?  

The price is OK and Step at the same time guys, no one says it doesn't worth it BUT the price is still 60$, and it can be a good amount of money for a lot of people including me. And don't talk about PS3, XBOX games I stopped buying console games long ago cause the stupidly high prices.

I agree that $60 is a lot of money these days for just about anyone... and believe me, as a broke grad student, I can sympathize! :biggrin:

That said, there really aren't any flight sim developers left anymore - at least, not in the WWI arena. The ROF team has largely moved on to work on other projects, and the kickstarter funded resurrections of RB3D and Wings look great, but they're not going to be a hardcore, technically researched WWI sim that puts every squadron at their resepctive bases at the correct time of each month of the war... there's just no market for that outside of our merry band of Barmy OFF'ers!

And you know what? I've known Pol since I was what... 17? I remember posting back and forth with half of the OFF team back when I was in High School and they were modding Red Baron 3D. I know it's biased, but they've been killing themselves now for going on four years and with - it seems - a lot less manpower than they once had. So really, even on food stamps, I'm willing to kick them 60 bucks for their troubles. Right now, it feels like the least I could do.

And I agree with you on consoles! 60 bucks for a half-baked, over-hyped game that's going to force me to pay another 20 bucks here and there for DLC to finish a game that should have been done when they printed the thing? Yeah... not so much. At this stage, if I had to choose between as PS4 and a new gaming rig? WOFF would win me back to my keyboard and mouse - not to mention my ancient Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick!

Cheers! :drunks:

I will try to get OFF, but simply not now, maybe when the economy gets better. I have OFF Phase 2 and Hat in the Ring, this one simply came at the wrong time for me.

I think the price is pretty well spot on. When you compare it to RoF with all the aircraft having to be bought seperately...A no brainer for me

Not a good comparison : game is free and you don't have to buy all the planes if you don't want to (and if you're clever you wait for sales to buy them)... I personnally fly german planes 90% of the time, so why should I buy planes I don't fly ?

We are talking about 60$ for the base game + 25$ for the skin pack + delivery for the DVD + taxes for us poor europeans.... so it's probably close to 100$ which at this time of the year is already some money !

Anyway I never buy games on release and I'm happy flying my OFF campaign for the time being. 

Will be 2014 for me !

Edited by corsaire31

OFF was underpriced. $59.99 is standard for console and PC games with FAR less longevity than Flanders Fields. Think about the work>cost ratio here, and then also consider our community's smaller demographic than, say, the Call of Duty fanbase.

Day 1 purchase for me and quite happy about it! Eternal gratitude to the Devs for slaving these last four years!

Spot on Javito! IMHO there is nothing comparable to this sim and the support is impeccable!!

And, it was my Birthday Yesterday..so the lovely Mrs Widowmaker has bought it for me!...downloading now. (quick question..Do i need to uninstall OFF first?)

Hi Widow;

OFF and WOFF can co-exist(great for us eh?).

I agree that $60 is a lot of money these days for just about anyone... and believe me, as a broke grad student, I can sympathize! :biggrin:

That said, there really aren't any flight sim developers left anymore - at least, not in the WWI arena. The ROF team has largely moved on to work on other projects, and the kickstarter funded resurrections of RB3D and Wings look great, but they're not going to be a hardcore, technically researched WWI sim that puts every squadron at their resepctive bases at the correct time of each month of the war... there's just no market for that outside of our merry band of Barmy OFF'ers!

And you know what? I've known Pol since I was what... 17? I remember posting back and forth with half of the OFF team back when I was in High School and they were modding Red Baron 3D. I know it's biased, but they've been killing themselves now for going on four years and with - it seems - a lot less manpower than they once had. So really, even on food stamps, I'm willing to kick them 60 bucks for their troubles. Right now, it feels like the least I could do.

And I agree with you on consoles! 60 bucks for a half-baked, over-hyped game that's going to force me to pay another 20 bucks here and there for DLC to finish a game that should have been done when they printed the thing? Yeah... not so much. At this stage, if I had to choose between as PS4 and a new gaming rig? WOFF would win me back to my keyboard and mouse - not to mention my ancient Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick!

Cheers! :drunks:

Amen to that! Well said Capt'n

Just placed my order for the DVD. Just have to have the hard copy.

What a wonderful Christmas present. Thanks guys!!

Sopwith brought up an interesting point about the WW1 sim community. Now that 777 is committed to working on the next IL2, are we the last bastion?

The fact that there is no market probably explains why no business oriented dev team works on such a sim... :biggrin:

I just ordered the DVD/download as a gift from my wife to me for Christmas. I'm done with grad school for the semester in one more week so that should allow me enough time to get my rig up to speed and get the DVD in my hand. I have no high-speed internet at my home so unless I want to cart my rig to a relatives house then I'll have to be patient.

I waited two very long weeks so I figure I can wait one more!  :good:

I just ordered the DVD/download as a gift from my wife to me for Christmas. I'm done with grad school for the semester in one more week so that should allow me enough time to get my rig up to speed and get the DVD in my hand. I have no high-speed internet at my home so unless I want to cart my rig to a relatives house then I'll have to be patient.

I waited two very long weeks so I figure I can wait one more!  :good:

Hey Shiloh! I didn't know you were a fellow graduate student! Mind if I ask what you're studying? I'm a history PhD, not surprisingly! :biggrin:

Thanks for those who support us.  One thing, if you wait until later in 2014 to buy there may not be a sim to buy by then!  We are very small team and need all the funds to carry on working on WOFF and pay the bills -one thing we will not be, from spending 4 years on this with little $ in the meantime, is rich.

Serious flight sims in general are a very small niche market these days. So even though it's the similar price to BF4.. they sell a few MILLION copies more ;)

For most people who will get many many hours of enjoyment there is so much to see in WOFF and so much detail and features added over 4 years.

So we really believe with all that in mind the $ amount is easily worth it.

I know you cannot be rich from this.  I have met Mark here in Joburg a couple of years ago,  I have no problem in paying 60 US dollars for WOFF even though our exchange rate is now so horrible.

I am still downloading WOFF and cannot wait to try it. 

Maybe there is a way of publicising WOFF more?  But I would not know how to do this. 

Anyway, keep up the good work :-)

Hell, my monthly cable bill is more than sixty bucks. And that's for the most moronic, intellect-stunting pabulum imagineable. So WOFF was a no-brainer. (Although, if that were true, it'd be on TV, wouldn't it? But, you get my point.)

Hey Shiloh! I didn't know you were a fellow graduate student! Mind if I ask what you're studying? I'm a history PhD, not surprisingly! :biggrin:

Yes sir Capt. I'm pursuing my Masters in Elementary Education. I can relate to your lack of time for other things. How long until you finish your PhD?

Thanks for those who support us.  One thing, if you wait until later in 2014 to buy there may not be a sim to buy by then!  We are very small team and need all the funds to carry on working on WOFF and pay the bills -one thing we will not be, from spending 4 years on this with little $ in the meantime, is rich.

Serious flight sims in general are a very small niche market these days. So even though it's the similar price to BF4.. they sell a few MILLION copies more ;)

For most people who will get many many hours of enjoyment there is so much to see in WOFF and so much detail and features added over 4 years.

So we really believe with all that in mind the $ amount is easily worth it.

Thank you Pol and team for all your hard work. I'm waiting for my copy of WOFF and have no doubt I will get far more than my money's worth for the $60. I laid down. Please keep this going if you can as we are small group, but seriously dedicated to this great sim.

Edited by Shiloh