CaptSopwith

I Leave For Five Minutes And...

...everything changes!

Hi guys! I hope all of you have been well in the weeks / months since I last posted antyhing of note. As usual, RL (particularly school) has taken up all of my time, and much of my "free" time as well!

It's fantastic to see everyone returning now that WOFF has come out. I only wish I had a computer with even a snowball's chance in hades of running the thing. My 2008 era desktop is struggling to run OFF with the graphics cranked up, let alone anything new. And, as an incredibly poor grad student, that probably won't change anytime soon. (I really need to publish that best-selling novel about WWI pilots while working on my dissertation! ;))

So... if I may return to the BoC, I'll have to grab one of those new badges for my signature.

And, if I can ask: How the heck has everyone been!?!? Would love to hear what everyone has been up to. It's great to see Olham, Lou, Hellshade (fantastic videos, sir!) all back and chatting busily at the bar.

I'll be traveling for the Holidays - which means my beloved OFF rig will be left behind, but I will have my laptop with me - so hopefully I'll be posting far more often than I have in the last few months.

Cheers!

CaptSopwith, I'm sure the other guys will be around shortly, but let me be the first to welcome you back to the comparative calm of CA.  As I know you have already seen, the other place is wild!

I also am having to wait a little to update my PC before I can try WOFF.

Have you seen the latest issue of the Illustrated BOC News - it's well worth a look.

We'd be interested to know where you are going travelling - that has to be some consolation for not having WOFF yet. 

Edited by Wayfarer

From the newest member of BOC - the drinks are on me

"I Leave For Five Minutes And...."

Is that measured in Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific or OFF Standard Time?

Good to "see" you.

plug_nickel

"I Leave For Five Minutes And...."

Is that measured in Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific or OFF Standard Time?

Good to "see" you.

plug_nickel

I'd say "Grad Student Stanard Time" where five minutes is actually closer to six months!

Good to see you too plug! That power supply you sent me is still going strong! Hope you're doing well!

Edited by _CaptSopwith

Good to see you, Capt!  I don't get to post as much as I used to- work restrictions, and VERY busy at work - much travel, much overtime.  I'm betwwen confernence calls now, and it's nearly bedtime... Thank God I can handle this suff at home.  Like you, I was glad to see a lot of familiar faces coming back. This is a great place, and the best group of people I've eveer encountered on "teh intarwebz", I just wish I had more time.

I know what youu mean about the five minutes!  I checked in over the weekend, saw the release was set for early next week, (i.e this week), and so, since I was travelling monday, I checked in here and posted a lot; Tuesday I put a hard 16 hours of testing in, then checked in before falling asleep; I had a wrap-up meeting, then flying home Wednesday, and late last nightsaw it was released!  I just managed to get my order in last night at 10:30, so at least I got it in on Day 1 (as long as it was still Dec 11th where I am, i'm counting it!).  I downloaded today at work where the internet is much faster.

But now what to do?  i only have 26 GB left on my SSD - do I keep OFF, or ???  I migrated all my user accounts to the spinning drive, but it seems like my Public pictures folder is duplicting itself back to the static drive - the pics seem to show up in both places...  Oh well, I'll sort that out, I can always move them to a completely different folder and share them from there; that should do it.

I sure hope you can update your rig soon, maybe Santa will be good to you!  The life of a grad student must be tough.  How long until the PhD is finished?

Best,

Tom

(who fromthe looks of the new AI, will continue to be a "Human Drone")

Hi Captain,

I'm running it on the same machine I used when working on P3, and WOFF looks great. I daresay, if yours worked for OFF, it will work for WOFF.

Cheers,

shredward

Hi Captain,

I'm running it on the same machine I used when working on P3, and WOFF looks great. I daresay, if yours worked for OFF, it will work for WOFF.

Cheers,

shredward

That might just be the best news I've heard in months! Thank you for letting me know Shred - how is life treating you these days? Hope you're doing well!

Life is great, though of course not nearly enough hours in the day. Still a lot of work to do before all I want to add in to WOFF is finished.

Cheers,

shredward