UK_Widowmaker

No..No..NOOOOOOOO

You Hun Bastards!!!

Look what you've done to my Wonderful Snipe!!!

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!

post-22245-0-49660600-1386931981_thumb.jpg

It's okay bring it in to the workshop bit of canvas and 2 by 4 plywood a touch of Dope and all will be fine... Trust us...

• Like 1

Saw a wonderful piece of AI flying today. It was an Alb DV...he'd been shot up by one of my wingmen (a long way off) but I watched him as he desperately tried to control his stricken plane...then at about 150-200 ft, he lost control completely, and bought the Farm.

Have to say, I felt quite sorry for him... that's something I never witnessed in OFF.... quite amazing!

Edited by UK_Widowmaker
  • Like 2

You wait years for a Snipe and the first thing you do is crash it - the CO will have something to say about that!

I don't have WOFF yet - how does the Snipe handle?

Edited by Beanie
  • Like 1

I just knew Widowmaker would be back among us as soon as he strapped on that Snipe!

• Like 1

Just thinking about your forum handle widow, and looking at the snipe and thinking.......how utterly appropriate! :D

• Like 1

haha...Yes Beanie..She handles beautifully...Out turns most (if not all) of the Germans

You wait years for a Snipe and the first thing you do is crash it - the CO will have something to say about that!

Yeah, Widow doesn't even need enemies to bring him down - he can easily handle that part himself.

Mmuahahahahaaa!!!

• Like 1

You'll be smiling on the other side of your face Olham my dear friend...when you get one on ya tail! ;)

Great post, Widow! Gave me quite a good laugh this morning.

And about that Snipe, I'd say you bent some of the main support spars but like the other say, some straightening, a little elbow grease, and some PC-10 doping, and it'll be good as new!

And take it easy on those landings! Those Snipes don't grow on trees, you know! :biggrin:

Edited by _CaptSopwith

Strange, I don't see it listed in Axis aircraft files, but you obviously met your first Siemens-Schuckert D.IV.

plug_nickel

You'll be smiling on the other side of your face Olham my dear friend...when you get one on ya tail! ;)

Yeah, I guess I will.

Due to several reasons I will only get WOFF in a couple of days or so.

It would be too nasty to order it now, and then not being able to fly it.

• Like 1

Widowmaker, the hun only shot it up a bit. It was you at the controls when it crashed. Clearcut case of "pilot error" if you ask me (which you didn't).

• Like 1

Today hasn't been the very best of days, and I don't usually have a cruel sense of humour - but your post gave me the first real laugh of the day, thanks!

• Like 1

In that case Wayfarer..I'm pleased it made you smile, and I hope your day improves (Friday 13th was always a bad omen)

Thanks, I just saw your next thread and that's pretty amusing as well.

Errrr... does that Snipe not have the markings of no 139 squadron which was a Bristol Fighter squadron in Italy?  Barker won the VC in a Snipe, but that was back in France. 

That is Barker's Snipe, poor bugger. Hope he makes it!  From what I hear, he deserves the VC for that fight.

Cheers,

shredward

Widowmaker, I thought you'd treat your lady better than that after waiting so long for her.  tsk tsk :grin:

Truth be told, I was flying the Snipe earlier this AM and ended up making her look quite similar to yours Sir.

She's a fiesty one for sure..a pedigree Filly!  :)