Sign in to follow this  
Pips

Install Order

I've ordered the DVD, and it seems I'm allowed to get the d/load version too. All for the same price (excluding postage of course). Fantastic value!!

So rather than wait for my DVD I may as well use the D/L version. I have OFF currently installed. Do I just install WOFF over it? Then do the patches (v1.3 I think it is now)?

WOFF is a separate install and they don't fight with each other.  You can have both - the csf3.exe file for WOFF is in a different folder than that for OFF.  I know this because I couldn't get my TrackIR 3 to work with WOFF so reinstalled OFF to see if it worked there.  It did.  Now I am using the version 5.2.2 final software and TrackIR now works fine - I get the blue LED. 

Oh, WOFF install separate to OFF eh? Interesting, kinda cool too, because I was hoping to keep OFF.

Does that mean then that I need a second install of CFS3? Or does it run off the same one that OFF uses?

You have to give it the CFS3 DVD to install (as usual) and it runs it in a different folder (subdirectory) so the two do not even know about each other. 

You don't need to install CSF3 at all, just insert the DVD when required. 

That is of course if you own the Ubisoft DVD version of CFS3 (patched to 3.1)...  If you have the Microsoft CD version, you need to install and patch.