RAF_Louvert

WOFF: Screenshots and Videos

I believe it could have been a possible nickname for the pilot..."Charles Walter Odell" Olham,he achieved 7 victories in the Pup..Maybe someone else on here Knows more 

Looked it up (oh, the world-wide web!) and found what it means:

"A will-o'-the-wisp are atmospheric ghost lights seen by travellers at night, especially over bogs,
swamps or marshes. It resembles a flickering lamp and is said to recede if approached, drawing
travellers from the safe paths."

The German word would be "Irrlicht".

Edited by Olham

I should have really known that Olham...there was a weird cartoon on British TV when i was younger called Will-o the wisp  :biggrin:

Maybe Odell was good at attracting enemy scouts and luring them into traps?

Good Odell - if you haven't read "No Parachute!" by Arthur Gould Lee yet, you should get yourself

a copy quickly and read it. You will enjoy your campaign with No. 46 Sqdn RFC ten times better!

While I read it, I felt like I was really there at La Gorgue with the boys...

Edited by Olham

Look at those clouds - that's real art work. No need for SweetFX or any enhancers for me.

That was a busy patrol with MFJ I - first one of our newbies got attacked by two of the new Scout Experimental 5,

which are damn fast. But the Englishman was too target-fixated - I got behind him and shot him down. He tried

a landing in no-man's land, but he got caught up in the wires and went headover.

Then it was my turn to be the hunted - three Sopwith Triplane appeared and had their fun with chasing me around,

until the fierce Flak from Rumbeke made them turn away from me. I had received a hit, and my radiator lost water,

which spilled out and was quite hot, when it hit me. The engine conked out and I had to put the craft down in an

open field, not far from Rumbeke airfield. Help arrived very quickly.

Busy.jpg

• Like 1

Olham, is that one of your custom paints on the Albatross?  It's awesome!

Yep, that is my MFJ I pilot Juergen Harms' paintjob - and he is quite proud of it! :grin:

WHEN THE HOUNDS OF WAR FIND YOUR SPOOR...

Hounds of War.jpg

• Like 1

I really need to get back into skinning.  Lovely work my friend.  That colour scheme would look darn fine on a 109G too!

Kind regards,

Dave

Check the forum section about skinning, if you're not sure - it is quite easy to do for WOFF!

PS: I can make one of these with your emblem on, Dave - what do you like?

Edited by Olham
  • Like 1

I Love the look of the towns and villages..Every one has a road in and out..Great work O.B.D

That's another lovely shot of the little Pup with the sun sheen on it's surfaces.

Check the forum section about skinning, if you're not sure - it is quite easy to do for WOFF!

PS: I can make one of these with your emblem on, Dave - what do you like?

Thanks Olham- much appreciated.  My current Flugmaat for the mini-campaign over on SimHQ is Karl "Schnurrbart" Muller and he is from Hamburg (my thinking is that 99% of my pilots come from little towns in Bavaria and don't survive, so if I chose say, Hamburg, then maybe they'd have a better chance...I know I know...grasping at straws).

Kind regards,

Dave

Dave, check your PMs - message sent.

Take off..

Our Boys..

Protecting the Railyard

Landing...I love the detail in this sim

Nice to see some ground units eventually.  The RFC in a hilly area - is that near Amiens, Adger?

It was a QC flight to test my new vid card Olham...Belfort down in Alsace region pal.I wanted to check my FPS with lots of ground scenery  :biggrin:

Pls post a screenshot now and then, Robert - I have no time for watching all the videos. Pleeeze!

Wolfram "Wolf" Harms has written his 5th claim. Two got rejected unfortunately, but that makes it

even more believeable IMHO. Today's victory was over a SPAD VII which had attacked Jasta 19

flights from above - and two of them payed for that. HA Wilhelm Leusch shot down the other.

No 5.jpg

High and low - Jasta 19, St. Loup-en-Champagne, July 1917

Jasta 19.jpg

Fantastic shots again Olham 

Thank you, Adger!

Great screenshot sir.   

Thanks, I will associate Aris for his great clouds mod !