Anyone ever try Damage node's for control surfaces, like the Rudder? I can get it to show up, But I'm trying to make it Yaw. ???

post-300-0-71581700-1387166551_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAVEN

My guess is that you would need to use a helper mesh (but I have never tried it).

Dels

I can make it yaw, but it's rendered all the time instead of just a damage render, so I shelved the idea for now. Too big of a FPS hit.

Edited by RAVEN

it does work...make a seperate rudder mesh and use that...I got it to work on su-9 but didnt use it as it parted when tail was damaged.

I have working when the v stab is damaged ,and it stays, it just.wont work(parts) with any kind of yaw, but. It still looks cool.

you could add a second rudder to the vertail in the data.ini...as it wont show when u use the proper one but will move when in damaged mode mebbe?

Edited by russouk2004

I'm thinking that if I animate the rudder and the damaged rudder with the same ID # then I don't need a second rudder statement and it ( damage node) will not render all the time, Making the animation. work will take some thinking.