Geary

AH-1F Cobra Weapons Challenge

I've been playing with some of the recently released YAP Helipaks.  They are released as is ... no weapons, etc.  Some come with weapons/launchers built into/onto the lod.

Some of the choppers come with weapons that are common/standard to what's available here at CA in one or more of the numerous weapons packs, but a few helicopters are proving to be a challenge to get weapons to work.

For instance, the AH-1F Cobra.  It comes with modified M65 TOW launch tube system built into the aircraft lod.  The callout in the loadout.ini is for a 'RackType=M65_A1.' I can't find this in any weapons packs, so I guess YAP made their own.   It also calls for a BGM71 TOW to be used in the rack.  The rack is for four TOW missiles.  The BGM71 TOW is available but is ONE TOW missile

There is an M65 TOW launch rack available with FOUR TOW missiles but it doesn't quite fit into the built-in M65_A1, so I can't place it inside the M65_A1 without parts of the M65 system showing through the M65-A1.

CONFUSED?

My challenge is to get FOUR BGM71 TOW missiles into the built-in M65_A1 TOW launch tubes on each side of the AH-1F.

I haven't been able to wrap my head around this one.  There's probably a simple way to do this, but I can't seem to figure it out, so ... any ideas?

BTW if anyone got the OH-6A Cayuse and haven't figured out how to get the M-158_M229a system working, I got that one fixed.  I modified the M-158_229.  Shoot me a PM and I'll explain it if needed.

Thanks,

Geary

Create a copy of the M65 TOW Rack folder but don't include the LOD file. The ini will tell the missiles where to fit but the rack itself will be invisible due to the LOD being missing. Then its just adjusting the 4 missile positions so that they fit the Visable A/C Rack.

I've given it a quick test an that works for me (on an AH-64 test-bed).

Edited by ianh755

ianh755,

Thank you.  That was so simple I'm surprised I didn't think of it as I am by nature a very simple thinker.

Now for the mundane part; adjusting missile positions in the launcher tubes.

So ...  Now I'm dealing with Attachment Angles for the first time. 

There are three sets of numbers:  0.000000,0.000000,0.000000.  Anyone know what the numbers do/change for Attachment Angles?

I'm trying to get the back end of the missile lower / front end higher.

TIA,

AttachmentAngles=0.0,2.5,0.0 would raise the missile front for 2,5°  :cool:

Florian,

Thank you.  I now have the TOW missiles placed correctly for this helo.

It wouldn't have been possible but for you and ianh755.

Speaking of YAP new choppers, any idea where to get the BLU-82helo and tanks of the CH-54??

Are "FLYING" properly those new YAP helos on a SF2?

stuntman,

I don't have the CH-54, yet, but I suggest looking through as many weapons packs as possible to see if you can find the BLU-82.  It may be in one of your weapons folders in one or more of your installs.  What tanks does it call for?

Stratos,

Some of the helos need a bit of adjusting, mostly mine need weapons adjusting.  But most of mine seem to fly well in SF2.  In fact, the AH-1F flies better in SF2 than in SF1.

There is indeed a BLU-82 that might be adapted to BLU-82helo, using the proper data ini from YAP. The tanks call for CH54Tank

PS: Why the hell didn't they release these ******* weapons!

Also, i found that many helos have "exhaust smoke misalignment"

for the CH46: i suggest you disable exhaust for engine 1, and enter the following exhaust position for each engine

engine 2: ExhaustPosition=-0.5,-5.0,1.0

engine 3: ExhaustPosition=0.5,-5.0,1.0

working on the others

Why the hell didn't they release these ******* weapons!

$

Those birds are full of bug/bucks, without weapons and 2 of 3 helos for 15 Dollar are useless!?! All of them in 8 packs?! WTF?

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird

Nice models from the screenies but really salty prices if they do not even have all the necessary weapons included. Pass.

There is indeed a BLU-82 that might be adapted to BLU-82helo, using the proper data ini from YAP. The tanks call for CH54Tank

stuntman,

Have you adapted the BLU-82 to use with the CH-54?   I can't figure out how to remove the pallet as I don't think it was used with the bomb and this helo.

stuntman,

Have you adapted the BLU-82 to use with the CH-54?   I can't figure out how to remove the pallet as I don't think it was used with the bomb and this helo.

Same here, i guess we would need a 3D guru on this one.

On the other hand, i could make a mock CH54tank using TK's BLU1.lod and a quick paintjob.

Nice models from the screenies but really salty prices if they do not even have all the necessary weapons included. Pass.

what's bugging me is that in each helo pack, there are helos which are already sold in YAP packs. So, buying the same thing twice? I've bought a couple of helo packs, but i don't think i'll buy more

what's bugging me is that in each helo pack, there are helos which are already sold in YAP packs. So, buying the same thing twice? I've bought a couple of helo packs, but i don't think i'll buy more

LOL...the entire series is like that, YAP1, YAP2, YAP3 - recycled goods in new packaging.  I used to really appreciate and enjoy the YAP stuff when it first came out.  But it felt like, so often, I was jsut paying for the same thing over and over - even the same missions.  Plus, the Gen1 Engine is a total tired dog trying to run all the higher quality models, so I've stopped playing long ago although I still greatly admire what was accomplished under the limitations and at the time.

YAP stuff looks great and provides items, like ground objects, etc, not found anywhere else, but, yeah, overpriced, incomplete ... as one friend said, he felt like he's paid for a redundant Beta version.

BUT ... as there's very little else out there like some of the YAP stuff and friends and family ask me what I want for Christmas, I go for the gusto and challenge (since they're paying).  (Besides it's either this or some electric floor sweeper/washer/dryer thing.)

Just wish they'd release the missing weapons and effects for these Helipaks.

LOL...the entire series is like that, YAP1, YAP2, YAP3 - recycled goods in new packaging.  I used to really appreciate and enjoy the YAP stuff when it first came out.  But it felt like, so often, I was jsut paying for the same thing over and over - even the same missions.  Plus, the Gen1 Engine is a total tired dog trying to run all the higher quality models, so I've stopped playing long ago although I still greatly admire what was accomplished under the limitations and at the time.

in fact, i'm playing all my YAP missions on a june 2010 SF2V install. It's much smoother that WOV, and allow me to use the latest mods with it

in fact, i'm playing all my YAP missions on a june 2010 SF2V install. It's much smoother that WOV, and allow me to use the latest mods with it

Yep, every chopper I have flys in SF2, including all the AI main rotors turning, which is problematic in SF1 with many available helos including some of the YAP birds.  In SF1 I've found at least one so far that the AI main rotors won't turn.

think I'm only getting 4 packs I to hate the fact that we have to repurchase stuff we have repurchased before......   so just the Choctaw, the Jolly, the Loach ( with the Kesselbrut pit installed) and the CH-46  nothing else tickles my fancy to much except maybe the H-21

Hey Old Diego, you should start doing mods on your own again. Your O-1 is for sure one of the finest payware out here, and you textures in YAP are really good

Edited by stuntman