Blackadder33

WOFF overpriced. Is it just me?

Is it just me, but is WOFF overpriced? I, for one, shall be boycotting WOFF until the price is reduced by at least £10. The asking price is way overpriced IMHO and an insult to us WW1 aviation buffs.

• Like 1

Is it just me, but is WOFF overpriced? I, for one, shall be boycotting WOFF until the price is reduced by at least £10. The asking price is way overpriced IMHO and an insult to us WW1 aviation buffs.

Just my 2 cents worth. I disagree. I have been using it since it's release and I think it is by far the best WWI stand alone sim yet. For me it was worth it

Yes, it's just you.

They worked 3 years getting the new Phase IV to us.  Would you work for that cheap for that long, for that good a product ???

You have obviously not purchased any new flight sims for a while if you think this is to much.

At £36.66 it represents tremendous value for money - crikey back in 1997 throwaway mainstream games went up to £80 each.

I don't believe any developers should work for free considering the years of work that goes into these things and in such a niche market I can only hope they get enough to consider developing it further. 

I can only hope they get enough to consider developing it further. 

Ahmen to that!! Hate to see such a good thing fade away!! It would be disgusting

I don't believe any developers should work for free considering the years of work that goes into these things and in such a niche market I can only hope they get enough to consider developing it further.

...and, it's not even their day job.

Afraid it really is just you chap. WOFF is standard price for any sim/game of any kind these days. Completely, nothing to see here standard. OFF was the one that was underpriced at $30.

WOFF is a niche product serving a niche community within a niche genre of computer games. It's not going to sell enough copies to compensate the Devs for their four years of labor.

Frankly it's worth more. A tank sim I like to play, also a niche product serving a niche community, sells for well over $100. Independent developers need the support.

Honestly, I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider your position on this one. Support the artists that keep our community alive, or there won't more WW1 sims, and there are already a terrifyingly few amount.

• Like 2

Afraid it really is just you chap. WOFF is standard price for any sim/game of any kind these days. Completely, nothing to see here standard. OFF was the one that was underpriced at $30.

WOFF is a niche product serving a niche community within a niche genre of computer games. It's not going to sell enough copies to compensate the Devs for their four years of labor.

Frankly it's worth more. A tank sim I like to play, also a niche product serving a niche community, sells for well over $100. Independent developers need the support.

Honestly, I'd strongly encourage you to reconsider your position on this one. Support the artists that keep our community alive, or there won't more WW1 sims, and there are already a terrifyingly few amount.

Well articulated Javito, and might I add that you could easily burn a tank of gas for the cost of WOFF.

Yep i agree with above.....i own OFF that was great...WOFF blows it out of the water,i would have gladly paid another £10,i shall be getting the skins pack (all monies go to the skinners) and also any

D.L.C that OBD release...it,s the finest ww1 aviation game on the market bar none,Devs are quick to correct any problems and are true ww1 fans.Your missing out Blackadder on a great sim all for the price difference of a Tenner

well, there a coupon code in the order form and i have posted about it but no one responded. I own like many here the original off and Bh expansion. I cant remember if give a coupon because its been 4 years or more.

Most definitely just you old chap. WOFF is outstanding, convinced it'll be classed as a classic over time.

Blackadder, you may not buy WOFF at this price - but how can you judge it to be overprized when you haven't got it?

Just wondering...

• Like 1

Blackadder, you may not buy WOFF at this price - but how can you judge it to be overprized when you haven't got it?

Just wondering...

This.

No its not just you Blackadder33 , I think the same thing considering the addon packs as well the price is a bit steep .
       I however am not boycotting WOFF , im in a wait and see holding pattern .
cheers

WOFF, and OFF before it, are the cheapest things I have ever purchased when you figure time spent playing and the enjoyment gotten out of that time.

You boycott and I'll be flying an epic sim... and thanking the stars for the opportunity.

• Like 1

I got my copy as my main Christmas present (I hope.  It could be only present).  Just a suggestion for you to consider. 

Having played it for the last few days, I can vouch for it being an excellent value for money in terms of outlay vs. hours of enjoyment. 

And I hardly buy any new games because of the price (or maybe I've become too old for the target demographic).  I think this is worth it because of what it is; something I love.

Good thing I did get it in lieu of a present.  It runs beautifully on medium settings for me, but I really want to upgrade my processor now.

Edited by Maeran

This is the going rate for good games presently and many of those games will net you only 3-4 hours of play time before you complete them, or simply get sick of them. WOFF is so much more. I probably got 300+ hours of game time on OFF and it never got old to me. If I get half that time out of WOFF - and I'm sure I will - then I'll have received my money's worth and then some.The developers have delivered the goods in spades and you will find many happy customers on these forums who would have gladly paid more.

You may boycott while we all enjoy the best WWI sim in recent years and my guess is you'll soon realize what you're missing out on.

$70 or around £30 was the standard price for games in the 90s.  add inflation and various other costs, it should be a lot more, you're getting an absolute bargain.

the majority of people will pay 1-3 cents per hour of gameplay. about 300 times cheaper than a typical title.

Matt - are you any relation to the Matt Milne who is an actor in Downton Abbey? 

Matt - are you any relation to the Matt Milne who is an actor in Downton Abbey? 

no, not in the slightest.

I thought so.  Keep up the composing - I like your music. 

I feel this is excellent value. There are 55 player flyable aircraft, you can fly over the whole of the Western Front, join any of the air services and have a pilotcampaign in any of the squadrons. I know there is no co-op or currently any large bomber type aircraft, but compired to another WW1 sim (no I am not starting

another flame war!) you have to pay for the extra aircraft, extra map areas and

aircraft field mods - all this comes with WOFF. It took me just over 3 years to

play a campaign pilot in every squardron in OFF - where could you get that sort of gaming return for your money?

Edited by Beanie

no, not in the slightest.

Ha, that would be funny - I'd watch it just for that reason, if you were.

If you think WOFF is expensive..try buying RoF and all the addon planes!.... and then, make your own skins..cos the default ones are bland

I'd have probably paid more than that.  I know something of what these guys have gone through to make this sim.