Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Armored Trains

I uploaded two versions of an armored train. One for the tracks from Gepard's Railway Station, and another version that sits directly on the terrain. (Quack has mentioned that he is making some terrain tiles with railroad tracks on them.) 

There are five different cars, and three skins. I also made a rail mounted artillery gun that shoots at ground targets. I've included instructions in the Read Me that explain how to make it look like it's shooting at a distant target.

All the cars are the same length to make it easier to place them in the terrain.

post-67404-0-28664700-1387749469.jpg

post-67404-0-27927700-1387749498.jpg

post-67404-0-10315400-1387749508.jpg

post-67404-0-63961200-1387749521.jpg

Edited by Stephen1918

Superb!!!
Now we need somebody that makes the changes to the data.ini and types.ini of a couple of terrains to see them in battle. I wish i had the time to do it!!!

Is that railroad gun actually firing upon a ground target while at that level of elevation?

Edit: Never mind. Found the readme file. For a second there I thought that you had found a way for artillery the properly elevate when attacking ground targets.

Edited by KJakker

Edit: Never mind. Found the readme file. For a second there I thought that you had found a way for artillery the properly elevate when attacking ground targets.

First Eagles only has line-of-sight aiming, and that looked so wrong for big guns. I played around with making an object to be a target that would hover over the terrain... then I realized we already had balloons!

why not raise the viewport position to 1000 meters, or more????  Can't remember exactly who did it (Kesselbrut? Crusader?) but for SF1/2, there was an atry tweek that allowed for indirect fire over hills and such. Both for tube and rocket artillery

btw, VERY good looking models!!

Edited by Wrench