DukeIronHand

Skin pack is downloading but what about the models?

While I wait for the arrival of my WOFF DVD I figured I would take advantage of the holiday computer downtime (i.e., the family being over)

to start the probable all day (or maybe two depending on the servers) download of the skin pack but that got me to thinking about the models...

My understanding is that OFF skins will work in WOFF as long as the plane model has not changed.

There is a huge library of custom OFF skins here at CombatACE, many quite beautiful, posted by Olham among others.

Was there ever a list posted of which plane models have changed in WOFF making the OFF skins unuseable?

P.S. Post from "smart" phone - Barmy Badge pending attachment.

I'd like to know this as well actually. Lou made me a nice Sopwith Camel skin a few years back that I'd like to use in WOFF if at all possible.

Alrighty sir, I guess we will both wait for the experts.

On a side note either my dish is having a good day or Avangate has good servers. Little over 3 hours for the skin pack download.

I'll give you some more, Duke. I ordered the DVD last wednesday and it arrived yesterday.

Lucky man!

Ordered mine last Thurday so...based on your experience...mine should be here this week.

Better get ready to d/l the latest patch.

Shameless bump.

Nobody at Combatace knows?

Hate to see all the nice skins here go unused!

I have posted this over at SIMGQ with a link back here so hopefully we will all find out soon.

UPDATE 2014-01-05 @ 08:12 hrs

Winding Man has responded to your ? over a SIMHQ. Here is the link:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3889842/Re_which_craft_models_from_OFF#Post3889842

Edited by rjw

I'm using all my custom skins, quite happily in WOFF 

Hi Widow;

Maybe you could tell us what aircraft types you have been successful with. It might help all who have concern. I suspect the camel is ok.

Widowmaker is it possible to list the aircaft skins that you have been able to use from OFF

Cheers

rjw also ask the question before me!

Edited by Beanie

Have you tried the SE5a, WM?

I haven't even got into the WOFF skins yet, I've been so busy just absorbing the whole new virtual world ... and working on the Verdun map.  :smile:

After all day with OBD tech support I finally have WOFF working.

Of course I am now in the middle of some damn arctic blizzard...which adds to my work load but I am probably preaching to the choir eh Lou?

I have the DVII,  Alb V,  Camel (with a bit of tweaking) and the SE5a. :)

(Here's one of my DVII's)  or rather, what's left of it!

There's no harm in copying the skin file across and seeing if it works.... just make sure, that if it has the same name as one of the WOFF skins, that you backup the original first.

I have copied across a Pfalz skin that went to sh*t..but I'll just have to redo it

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

Widowmaker, thanks for the info on bringing the old OFF skins across into WOFF.  I'll be giving that a go in the near future.

Yuppers Duke, I feel your pain Sir.  -26F here this morning with a high today of -18F and now it's headed back down to -24F, and all with a 20 mph wind to add spice.  We had rain two days ago just before the arctic blast so we have an inch of ice on everything including the two feet of snow we currently have on the ground.  Good times ... good times.

I have the DVII,  Alb V,  Camel (with a bit of tweaking) and the SE5a. :)

(Here's one of my DVII's)  or rather, what's left of it!

Widow;

I'm a big Camel fan and have a few skins from OFF I would like to bring over to WOFF. I would appreciate knowing what "Tweaks" I should be looking to make for the Camel skins.

As I am flying an N11 career at the moment in Esc 67 and as I had a bit of free time this AM before work I decided to check the OFF N11 against the WOFF version.  They are identical as far as dimensions of all parts are concerned so it's a breeze to simply drag custom layers across from any OFF paint templates you might have and drop them directly onto the WOFF N11 skins. Here is one of my favorite OFF Bebes now flying in WOFF.

WOFF_N11_Esc67_Black_Cat_1916_001.jpg

I'll keep you all posted as I check other WOFF aircraft against my old OFF skin templates, (when time allows me to do so).

Cheers!

"...simply drag custom layers across from any OFF paint templates you might have and drop them directly onto the WOFF N11 skins."

Oh...simple as that eh? Hehe...obviously my painting skills are different then yours sir!

rjw..there's no harm in doing what the guys have said..just drag your skin across into WOFF and fly.... it was only one skin of the camel I had to tweak in photoshop..but others worked fine..give it a go, it'll do no harm whatsoever :)

rjw..there's no harm in doing what the guys have said..just drag your skin across into WOFF and fly.... it was only one skin of the camel I had to tweak in photoshop..but others worked fine..give it a go, it'll do no harm whatsoever :)

Tnx Widow; I will as soon as I have my new system tuned up. Cheers