Hello guys and Happy Holidays. its 11:30PM at where i'm at and i just got about 30 Mins before i hit the sack for tomorrows work.

I've finally got a new notebook which i was confident could run the SF2 Series. Just installed VIetnam and NA earlier for a trial run and was surprised to see the game freezing especially on 3rd person views.

The Unit is a SAMSUNG ATIV BOOK 2 NP270E4E-X06PH 

• Operating Sysytem : Windows 8
  • Processor / Chipset : IntelCore i3-3120M Processor (2.5 GHz, 3 MB L2 Cache)
  • Intel HM70
  • Graphics : 2GB nVidia GForce HD710 Graphics
  • Hard Drive : 500GB
  • 4GB DDR3 System 

Is the specification on this laptop really that bad? (my old faithful has half the specs and was able to run the SF series on low to medium setting)

Is windows 8 really that unsuitable for this game and i should just install a different OS? ( im already thinking of purchasing Win7)

Could it be just a patching issue or just a problem that is already fixed by the community mods ever since i was away from gaming?

Do i really need to buy a more expensive unit? ugh...

and it was such a lovely sunset....

post-71410-0-21753900-1387986873_thumb.jpg

I'm so lazy... much appreciated guys thanks!

My ukrainian system is not better than that... so I guess its just fine. I also have Win8 (still hesitating whether to upgrade to 8.1)  all is working perfectly. Yea, I was bitchin about compulsory Win 8 but now I reconciled with it. Fast and foolproof, and to this day only Rome2 total War was the only game refused to work. Because its a bugheap, not because of Win8.

ASUS K75D RUS with AMD A-10 4600M, 8GB and Radeon HD7660G+HD7670M

HD7670M >>> nVidia GeForce 710

i3-3120M > A10-4600M

Edited by SFP1Ace

That means it is better? Hm... good to know. )

I just wanted RU keyboard and 17" screen )))

What I meant was that for gaming purposes your laptop has definitely better GPU (nothing to write songs about tho) but slightly worse CPU than saisran's one.

Edited by SFP1Ace

Aaaa... clear) Thanks. I agree... I know the AMD is a bit inferior. Everyone was calling me stupid about it, but I don't really care. My last Intel CPU was a DX-50Mhz back in 1994... Why to break such an old tradition)))

So it is really my GPU that is bad... Tsk. I don't think any manufacturer offers a better GPU for a laptop right now even at a higher price range. Any advice? (can't build a PC as most often than not i'm someplace new.

I wouldn't say its bad... I'd say there's some conflict. I suggest you try some combination of drivers - dirx11 might be sensitive.

Rome2 did such to me, it freezes in 2-3 min. Someone said it is problem with video memory handling. When the mem gets filled, at a certain point it shits itself...  weird.

If you have a "switcher" that switches between the Intel and Geforce gfx unit you might want to double check that SF2 uses the high performance one. Personally I think that any mobile GPU of 2013 should be able to run SF2. Your GPU seems to be rated about the same as the ATI Radeon 6700M series I have and it runs SF2 good enough.

Saisran, take a look at this post; http://combatace.com/topic/80675-need-some-pc-help/ , unfortunately Viggen (the OP) doesn't say how he figured it out but follow Migbusters' advice and see if your Nvidia card shows up. And on another note, glad to see you back; I was beginning to think the damn typhoon had gotton you! :biggrin:

Edited by SupGen

Nah. Fortunately I wasnt in that part of the country at that moment... right now im working high up the mountain. Just went downt to get supplies.

And thanks for the advice guys. I'll let you know what happened

Re Downloading and Installing... The laptop i bought have a significant defect in the battery. Good thing that the Samsung store was gracious enough to give me a new stock fresh from delivery.