Still prodding around here...

1. How do I edit campaign mission parameters? specifically Time of Missions or number of aircraft. I can't seem to find that info in the campaign Data INIs.

2. Is there a way to keep from AI aircraft from jettisoning Fuel Tanks on Landing/Carrier finals?

3. Is there a way to edit the type of Parked aircraft at Carriers?

4. Is there a way to add Carrier Numbers to Custom Missions?

Thanks! I like the Stock Campaigns, but somethings about them I would like to change. I also like the Mission editor and making custom missions, but again, there are things I would like to change.

Also, still can't get A-6 to work. It's a bummer too, because A-6 is my favorite!

Hi!!!

1. There's a Campaign Editor available at Third Wire's Website, which is paid. Another way is to edit the campaign.ini I am not into campaign modding, but you should check the knowledge base for some instructions.

2.I don't know, and I don't think it's possible.

3. Yes, don't have the slightest idea how to do it. Check the carrier.ini, in the "parked aircraft" entry.

4. Yes, but the carrier must have a specific skin for each number.

I hope it helped you!

On point 4, top facing decals could work, and numbers list in names.ini.  See what I have for soviet Kiev class (names and numbers). Top deck number can work the same way.

point 3,  you can only edit the parking places (place, direction), and a global probability for all places whether a plane will be placed there or not. Type, and skin you cannot change.

point 2, AI behavior cannot be influenced in such way. In  AI_Touchdown  activity, it is hardcoded.

4. Yes, but the carrier must have a specific skin for each number.

I hope it helped you!

Actually, the carrier (or any ship) DOES NOT need a skin folder per each hull or deck number, unless a ship in that class has a unique texture.  All this is spelled out in the Xship_names.ini, as Snailman mentioned.  For example, if I were to setup such a file for a Forrestal Class carrier, it would read like so:

[ship001]

Name=USS Forrestal

Number=59

Nation=USN

StartDate=10/29/1955

EndDate=1/31/2009

[ship002]

Name=USS Saratoga

Number=60

Nation=USN

StartDate=4/27/1956

EndDate=8/7/2003

[ship003]

Name=USS Ranger

Number=61

Nation=USN

StartDate=8/23/1957

EndDate=8/9/1996

[ship004]

Name=USS Independance

Number=62

Nation=USN

StartDate=1/23/1959

EndDate=8/9/1996

Still prodding around here...

3. Is there a way to edit the type of Parked aircraft at Carriers?

The Parking span variable and nation can also affect types that appear.

so does EXPORTED=TRUE

I've seen us planes on French carriers -although very rarely-, and FAA planes on US carriers (which I think did happen, more in Phantom cases, but still)

tank dropping is hard coded; can't be changed. The game doesn't take into account Real World ™ "bring back weights"