Sign in to follow this  
Fates

Dangerous Waters Contest

Hey Guys,

Battlefront.com has provided us with a free copy of Sonalyst Combat Simulations latest Naval Sim: Dangerous Waters to be given away in a random contest. The contest is open to all members at CombatAce.com. Simply post in this thread, let everyone know your here, maybe even post why you'd like to experience this wonderful sim. The contest will run for 1 week, when I will randomly choose a number and that poster will win. The contest will end at 11:59:59 EST on 4/15/05, and I will announce the Winner on Saturday.

Good luck everyone, and don't forget to check out BattleFront.com for all the great new and future releases.

Fates

Rules:

Contest Begins with the next poster.

Contest Ends at 11:59:59 EST on 4/15/05

1 post per member, duplicate posts will be removed.

CombatAce Staff not eligible

A random number will be drawn and matched to a post number

The thread will be locked at the contests end.

Hi all,

Im here... :)

From what im reading sounds like Dangerous Waters is a intriguing

sim..

And wouldn't you know,,i don't have it......YET :grin:

I'm still here.

Wouldn't ya know it......................................

Never given any thought to Naval Underwater warfare. Have always been on the airborne side of it. So it might be really interesting to give it a whirl...

There's airborne side to Chaingun.....P3-C Subhunter and SeaHawk Heli....check out the full review---Fates

Chaingun, you can multicrew (two or three players running the aircrew stations in one P-3 during a multiplayer battle)  Its great fun :) and very realisic to what you would do tactics wise if you were flying a real P-3C. You can go up against Subs, or surface contacts. It has a great mission editor too :)---Beer

May the Naval War Gods shine down on me and bless me with good tidings! :bye::biggrin:

Bob

Hello guys!

I've been a fan of Sub Command and also the Jane's products. I've been playing the Dangerous Waters demo and want the full game BADLY!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Nomad313

Guest capun

I am in.

I spent countless hours with the original Harpoon, bugs and crashes including.

It was a disappointed on the Harpoon IV demise since we need a good Naval Warfare sim.

From what I have heard and seen this sim may fit what I have been waiting for, on top of that I heard that we can port/make mods too.

Already got it myself but have a mate who would love it, he was impressed with DW when I told him about what's involved with it. He's a very good chess player, far too good now because he spent nine months in traction using a computer chessboard every day to remain occupied, so now he wipes the floor with me ... it's always the same, barely contained smirk, an ever so slight nod with the now standard one-liner, "... thanks for comin ...".

:dry: argh! smug sod! :grin:

I reckon he needs a new interest, so I can get some payback... :biggrin:

The game looks like a deeper evolotion of combat simulations. A worthy successor to 688(i) and Fleet Command.

Well, it SOUNDS dangerous.......

Whats a squid without his own copy of DW, eh? COUNT ME IN!!! :clapping: :)

Hmmm...sounds very interesting...what are the contest rules (just kidding I saw them at the top, but in the tradition of simHQ I wanted to inquire regarding the obvious)

cheers

Guest Saganuay82

Yeah, in, especially when it is free :) The other thing is it would be kinda nice to do my old job when I am in charge.

Well, as a serious air combat sim junkie, I should give a rousing -P-f-f-f-t-t- at the mere

mention of this nautical nuttiness.

But since getting Silent Hunter III, I have re-awakened an old plethora of pleasures

not experienced since Silent Service on the Amiga 500.

It is hungry and must feed. Please satiate it's appetite.

Thank Yew... :D

I'll try my luck too.Heck i'm still playing Janes Fleet Command so maybe it's time for an upgrade. :biggrin:

Might as well throw my name in the hat, too. I haven't tried any naval sims in a very long time, so it would be an nice change of pace.