Skyviper

Are Pit Bulls Misunderstood?

Sadly, the breed has gotten a bad rap more due to their owners and the way they were raised and for what reasons.

My opinion of them is based mostly upon that as I've never seen a nice dog of that type. They've always been ones on chains as a necessary precaution as they were bought to be guards. But after reading your report, I can see most of what I knew was based upon my own bias, but I still would not go put my face up to one and roll the dice. My Golden Retriever, sure...

Additionally, Chows are another breed that can become very vicious and attack.

Many small dogs are similarly on edge, and would be considered dangerous if they were actually large enough to cause harm.

What they need to breed are teacup pitbulls...problem solved.

Sadly, the breed has gotten a bad rap more due to their owners and the way they were raised and for what reasons.

My opinion of them is based mostly upon that as I've never seen a nice dog of that type. They've always been ones on chains as a necessary precaution as they were bought to be guards. But after reading your report, I can see most of what I knew was based upon my own bias, but I still would not go put my face up to one and roll the dice. My Golden Retriever, sure...

Additionally, Chows are another breed that can become very vicious and attack.

So very true my friend... about everything ... I'm not putting my hand up to a pit bull anytime soon and chows are  on the top ten list of most dangerous breeds.

Every living thing becomes what it was raised to be. Animals such as children whether grown up in a loving family (or in their peaceful natural habitat) will be normal... but when exposed to constant fear, terror, unjust treatment they will became neurotics, beasts... psychopaths, criminals.

Actually the "scale-model-of-a-dog" type creatures are indeed somehow neurotic, but as I said it depends on circumstances. Most of those dog imitations have neurotic minority complexes and are very agressive....  Heh, but try to imagine being 1 feet tall but having all the same thoughts, mental capabilities, and sexual needs of a 6 feet human ))))

You hit it right on the head Snailman. I have a few friends with pit bulls and they are giant babies. 

So very true my friend... about everything ... I'm not putting my hand up to a pit bull anytime soon and chows are  on the top ten list of most dangerous breeds.

Do you mean Chow-chow??? Huh... we had those for 10 years or so... they were all melancholic, silent and simple-minded dogs. They were too friendly and dumb, that was more of a problem. They barked once a week, and never bitten anyone.

Everybody that knows animals also knows it's always about the owner, never about the animal, I love quite a few of big "dangerous" dog breeds.

When I was a kid(like 10yrs old or so) I got "attacked" by a Doberman, after panic reaction and some struggle I realized the young dog just wanted to play with me, he grabbed my arm but didn't hurt it a bit was just pulling it to play, since then I don't trust myths and legends I take dogs for what they are individually and try to "read" their body language... :wink:

I happen to own a pitbull mix male and a chow/shepherd female. Both are the best friends anyone could ask for, and I would trust them over most humans that I have known. The 90 lb Chow is definately a watchdog though, and would be the first line of defense if someone tried to harm us. The 45 lb pit is a lapdog in the extreme but is learning to be a watchdog as he grows older. My siberian husky is no watchdog at all.

Well, Pitbulls are banned in the UK..along with four other Breeds (mostly Japanese Fighting Breeds)...and I have to say, I agree with all the previous Comments. The trouble is of course, it's like Banning Guns. It doesn't get to the root of the problem, which is, of course...Guns and Pitbulls are not inherently dangerous of themselves...but when mixed with an idiot..are (potentially) Dangerous.

Now of course, we have the situation, where Staffordshire Bull Terriers are replacing the Pitbulls, as the Dog of choice for the moronic Minority...they're legal (for now)...but what happens next?..More Dogs added to the Banned Breed list?...knowing the UK...possibly Yes!...... The media are most to blame...in the 1980's the German Shepherd was the 'Killer Dog'...the 90's saw the Doberman as the 'evil one'..... the Noughties, the Bull Mastiff.

The Dangerous Dog act serves only to appease the Middle Class hand wringers I'm sorry to say

Pit bulls can be just as pleasant as any of the breeds it's how the dog is trained, treated, and raised. However, a Doberman, rottweiler, or similar dog will bite, but if over powered or injured they will release, a pit bull will clamp like a gator and not let go. Doesn't make them a bad dog they just don't quit as easy as other breeds when biting.

The American Pitbull Terrier as a breed is a destroyed breed that should be eradicated.

Then again I have four cats......................................................................................

Dogs suck. I spent a weekend with Dave. His Belgian Maloise scared the fuck out of me.

The feline is the apex predator in biology............... No human civilization in history, or even any animal eats Cats. Buzzards do not eat Cats.Not even Koreans ( They munch the fuck out of some kagogie though).

Cats are faster. Cats can see in the dark (Built in PVS-14s), Cats can smell just as good as dogs, Cats will use claws and win before they even consider the fang, and Cats do not take shit from anyone.....

Want a badass pet?

Get a notch-eared Striped American Tabby and treat it with respect and dignity and it will watch NFL games with you all goddamn day and still present you with a rodent bodycount better than MACV-SOG the next morning.

I love Felines and my four amaze me on a daily basis. Main reason is, they do not need you. You need them. You invite them into your family to show you the true meaning of the American independent spirit. Plus they smell good and are furry.

But for home security........ I do not have the balls to have a pet Tiger....... so Mossberg 500 with 00 buck and the inability to sleep at night works well for me. Better than some bitchy, needy dog any day.

Anyone that would raise and breed an animal to fight is a POS.

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

Honestly this race does not impress me any more than the other "at its scale." I live with four cats, a "Cocotiere" (one Caribbean bastard, 100% pure BBQ oil) and a little Bulldog, they have received a strong education and I never had any troublse with them . For them, once out in the streets leash is mandatory and barking is prohibited. However I have to confess that some dogs, such as Rottweilers and Dobermanns got an aggressive aparence to me. A friend of mine had a Dober' (wisely called Bismarck) and he wasn't a care bear...

Before you're too quick to slag Dogs off..there is increasingly strong Scientific Evidence, that without them..Civilisation would never have happened.

Cats (much as I like them, have apart from keeping Rat populations down) done nothing for anyone except themselves...they are utterly selfish, and don't care whether their owners live or die

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

I'm sure they care if they don't get their Fancy Feast. :biggrin:

Dogs suck.

An eight year old girl in the area that I live had half of her face ripped off by a pitbull who was described as, "the loving family pet," just the other day. The American Pitbull Terrier is a damaged breed. It should be eradicated.

Dogs have done nothing for human civilization compared to the sheep.