Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Does Anyone Know What This is Called?

I want to remove this but can't find what it's called.

TailThing1.jpg

TW F-4M; probably the F-4M_75/80.

it is part of the vertical_stabilizer and can not be removed

try this one its the lod of the F-4M with the vertical_stabilizer of a F-4E

F-4A.7z

but for a real F-4A there has the intake the canopy and parts of the fuselage to be changed

I want to remove this but can't find what it's called.

It is called 'Box02', but it will leave a hole if you hide it.

Raven, thanks, I was hoping what I want to do would be as easy as the post you linked me to, but that fix doesn't seem to work on this plane.  But I now know I can hide that part on the F-4E.

Blade, thank you also, but I probably should have said I want to 'hide' that part instead of saying I want to 'remove' it.  I may have given you the impression I know what I'm doing in manipulating lod's.  I don't dabble in that black art as I don't have the software, and am ignorant in how to use it if I did have it.  The 'Box02' doesn't work to 'hide' the part.

ravenclaw_007,  Your grafted tail on the F-4M looks great.  I've been trying to create a single seat F-4 for Vietnam. 

I've been using Sundowner's F-4M_2000 because he created a back canopy and side widows cover via the lod for that plane.  I've managed to get one of yours and one of his F-4E SEA skins adapted to the F-4M and it masquerades slightly well as a Vietnam era what-if plane.  It would look better without the F-4M tail wearing a Fez.  

Your F-4A has a correct tail but only has one side window covered.  Sundowner's has the back canopy completely covered, but has the odd looking tail.

From my limited knowledge I assume these changes were done in the lod and one must have modeling software to effect these changes or knowledge in the other black art of hex editing.

I'm happy to have both versions to play with.  

Thanks for your help and the F-4A.  This gives me more to experiment with.

Is this F-4A available for download anywhere? I searched but I cannot find it.

Is this F-4A available for download anywhere? I searched but I cannot find it.

Sorry, it's not available.  It's just something I've been toying with and Sundowner and ravenclaw_007 have been kind enough to help me with.