perth

woff will it run on windows xp

I held back purchasing OFF in anticipation of WOFF, i understand WOFF has not been designed for XP users   or  tested on windows XP systems. Has anybody tried WOFF on  a  XP computer and if so with what results .

The problem is not if WOFF will run on XP, but the fact that the CFS3.exe that WOFF uses has been modified to recognize 4 GB's of memory due to all the additional objects, planes and graphics.  XP only recognizes 2 GB's for games versus Vista x64, Win 7 x64 and Win 8(.1) x64. recognizing up to 16 GB's and you need to additional memory to play WOFF correctly.

I am running it on Windows XP Professional 64bit.  My computer is an older dual core with a 1 gig 550 TI video card and 8 gig of memory.  I have my processor overclocked , but no where near the recomendations of WOFF.  I fly with my settings on 53343 on get around 25 to 35 fps with minamal flight activty in the area.  I have not fought a large dogfigt or I am sure my fps would be farther down.  I am planning on building a new computer and upgraging to windows 7 because Windows XP will no longer be supported by Microsoft.  I bought the game a will run it under XP to support the Developers in their effort to provide us with the finest WWI Airwar sim.