DukeIronHand

Yikes! CFS 3 is one ugly duckling...

...that OBD has turned into a beautiful swan.

Installed my new DVD version of CFS 3 and fired it up to confirm no disk is needed in the drive.

Oww...my eyes still are hurting from the graphics.

OBD has performed a miracle here...all hail the Devs!

It was, indeed, horrible. When I first saw "Microsoft European Theatre", I had to have it. It was head and shoulders above anything else at the time, great pixelated clouds and all. Then "CSF2 Pacific Theatre" came out. I thought it would be even better, but it disappointed, with its Pop Art comic  book graphics. "CFS3" was the last 'hoo-rah' and it was simply flaccid. Its colors were washed out, and they even cut back on the number of planes offered. Planes that you had got used to flying in 'ETO'. So, I continued flying 'ETO' for years, until I discovered OFF P3.

Yep CFS3 totally was. I got it just for the sake of getting OFF up and running, but CFS3 by itself

was horrible. I eventually took it ALL off my computer and even threw CFS3 away!

I actually enjoyed CFS2 quite a bit. I remember staring at the box cover pictures of the planes and marveling at how lifelike they were. Course I was in Middle School, tastes were hardly refined yet.

I liked CFS2 as well.

CFS1 was a breath of fresh air.... and I had high hopes for CFS3..but they were dashed within minutes.

You're right, as is so often the case with commercial games..it's what the Users do with it that makes it a classic!...there are a lot of games I would have long since shelved, had it not been for the 'modding community'