Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

Effects issue - Computer freezes when weapons hit the ground?

Been messing around with Mescalero's tng grounds. I have tried both MGunny's weapon pak and Raven Claw's weapon pak with same result.........After weapons release they free fall fine but upon ground contact my system freezes? I have checked the WeaponData.ini with the extractor and all weaps have the last word of their effects with an 's'. All the effect ini files in these packages have no 's' on the end of the word effect. I think this is the problem, but when I change all the 'effects' to 'effect' in the WeaponData.ini my system still freezes. I have even tried with no addition of any weapon paks and still same result. I'm running at the highest levels in the option settings other than visual distance set at normal...............................Little help please = very frustrating!

AMD 8 core prossessor

16 Gig meamory

ATI GForce 560 video card ------------- Is this the culprit?

Thanks,  NIELS

Edited by NIELS

Wa-La.......The weapons work! 

Much thanks DaniloE31, didn't even know about this - thanks for the link. Saved me from pulling the few hairs I have left out of my head.

NIELS

I would say one of your weapon effect is not up to date, and is missing a "EffectShaderName=" entry in the ini file.

You could try one of the following:

- Update your effects if your are using mods like strary's.

- Move all your ini in an onther folder, and sequentially bring them back to the effect folder. You'll probably find the culprit when the game crashes again.

- check you ini files and see where "EffectShaderName=" is missing; and if so, correct. (most used shaders are EffectShaderName=effectLightLevel.fx, usually for smoke, water effect, and EffectShaderName=effectFire.fx for anything related to fire / flame things. Please guys correct me if i'm wrong).

I would advise you one of the 2 first options :)

Edit: sorry, didn't see you solved this already

Edited by stuntman

No prob Stuntman, I did notice the effect shader missing in these ini's before they started to work with the above fix. I'm going to take a 'gander' at them and

fix/try your suggestions.

Input/replies always appreciated by me.

Thanks, NIELS