Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

German Autobahn Docu

Hi Guys from the rest of the world, I just want to introduce our "Autobahn", there are places around the earth with big engines, fast cars .. but we have the Autobahn....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msq6jwaXr3A

A nice docu even for the people who still ask if we have some electricity after WW2 

Ok and many idiots who are using it  :biggrin:

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird
  • Like 1

I miss the Autobanhs... too bad I only had a car that reached ~195Kph  :aggressive:  :biggrin:

btw, heard that they limited the speeds in some of the roads... is that true?

The limits are there, we have many parts that leads straight trough cities, so you are limited to 80 till 120 and at Autobahn crossings. You cant pass those places with over 200, cause the people are still to stupid and suicidal to use it at 80kmh. It would be your instant death with higher speeds.

but the rest, when the conditions allows it, there is no limit, only in crowded areas

Since 1978 the german law doesn´t limit the speed on the Autobahn in general, but provides an advisory speed limit of 130 km/h. You won´t get stopped by the police if driving faster, but in case of an accident you´ll get at least partial blame, up to you get guilty at all even you haven´t caused the accident, depending on how much more you had on the speedometer. :grin:

Not all germans know that, but i won´t take the risk of that cause like Blackbird said, many guys are to stupid to drive above walking speed (but i guess that´s all over the world and not just Germany!) :haha:

Nah, there is a small difference to the rest of the world, germans drive cars not cause they want to drive, but to be right....  

Will admit I do enjoy riding the German Autobahn's as I did back to the UK in 2011... due to the time of day most of the trip was nice and quiet and I had no worries at 200kmh with another 50kmh in reserve... but even then you still have cars and bikes going past you in a blink of the eye. After riding back from the UK through the night it was weird slowing down for Austria...