Good morning.

you can tell me how to change the data of the aircraft? such as how to change the speed. there is an editor to do? such as that for weapons.

Thanks, and sorry my bad english i am italian.

• Like 1

Open the ini with the editor or wordpad.

First of all Welcome to the club!

Like Soulfreak said, best place is the SF1/SF2 knowledge base and also the SF1/SF2 mod sections. Use the on site search feature, will help you a lot. There are very few things that are not covered in one of the above mentioned forum sections.

For a quick way you can adjust the bellow parameters in the "aircraft"_data.ini's flight control section:

[FlightControl]
StallSpeed=      (given in m/s)
CruiseSpeed=  (given in m/s) 
ClimbSpeed=    (given in m/s)
LandingSpeed= (given in m/s)
CornerSpeed=   (given in m/s)
MaxSpeedSL=   (given in m/s)
MachLimit=        (given in Mach)
MachLimitDry=  (given in Mach)

Please note: It is possible that other parameters are also need to be adjusted, like engine thrust, drag values, etc. But you will see that when changing the above listed parameters do nothing.
Edited by logan4
  • Like 1

Yes welcome, some aircraft have a fixed speed that you can't modify. I have been working on the A-4 Skyhawks and A-7 Corsair II adding afterburners and I can't get more than Mach 1.15. I think there is something deep in the guts that will not allow you to mess with speeds like SF's Mother Nature says NO, that's as fast as I will allow this plane to fly, however some of the aftermarket/ add on stuff guys and gals create on their own can be tweaked a little more than the stock stuff. Good luck and tread lightly a misplaced decimal point can "F" things up royally. I suggest make a copy of the plane you would like to mod and use the copy for all your mod testing using baby steps.  

There are drag coefficients and tables for every surface on the aircraft (that determine increases in drag by alpha-state and lift), as well as engine thrust tables that determine the percentage of sea-level thrust available at a given altitude.  All of these that must be properly configured.  If one does not have even a basic understanding of what they are doing, they can easily to screw up an otherwise fairly accurate flight model.

There are drag coefficients and tables for every surface on the aircraft (that determine increases in drag by alpha-state and lift), as well as engine thrust tables that determine the percentage of sea-level thrust available at a given altitude.  All of these that must be properly configured.  If one does not have even a basic understanding of what they are doing, they can easily to screw up an otherwise fairly accurate flight model.

Roger that!