bruceD

Strange resolution after hitting escape

Just really started to get into this, haven't really modded it at all. Last night I was flying single missions, and after the mission was done and I was left crashing into the ground I hit escape and I got what looked like a screen, but it was all garbled and looked likea lower resolution.

Anyone ever run into this at all ?

Strange part was I somehow reflew the mission and it worked fine again.

Running at 1050 x 1680 x 32, which is my native screen resolution.

From time to time, when ending a mission, instead of a black screen, I get a mostly black screen with pieces of other screens showing - like a quilt. It doesn't happen often and it fixes itself pretty quickly. I've just assumed it was a memory issue since I have a pretty basic video card. I haven't tried to track when it happens.

Yes, Win 7 64 will sometimes have strange happenings when using the "Esc" button at the end of a mission.  The only way i found to completely eliminate it was using the "Quite to Desktop" button.

People were getting this kind of behaviour in SF2 games and Win 7 until TK patched it out sometime in 2012-2013. Since FE2 is still at July 2010 then you know...Just don't pay much attention to it and enjoy the game :)

Edited by SFP1Ace
  • Like 1

OK Thanks for the rapid response. I think I'm enjoying this more than Rise of Flight. The AI is really good. Never had so much fun getting shot down. Its also nice to know I can do a deadstick landing without instantly dying when I get close to the ground.

Amazing amount of bullet holes in my plane too. Those Fokkers really fokkered up my SPAD.

I'm in the process now of getting everything I need to mod it up. The balloons blow up very nicely as well :biggrin: