Hellshade

OFFICIAL WOFF RELEASE DAY WINNER? Who won, please?

The rules were as listed below.   Near as I can tell, Adger got 1st place with a "148 day" guess that puts him somewhere in November but where are the official results, please?

3rd Prize: (1) one copy of WOFF plus a one month subscription plan to CA

2nd Prize: (1) one copy of WOFF plus a six month subscription plan to CA

Grand Prize (1) one copy of WOFF plus a one year subscription plan to CA

=================================================================

Contest: Starting from today's date guess how many days will lapse until WOFF will be released to the public.

Rules: You may only enter once, and you must enter before the end of June. Participation will close sometime during the day on June 30, 2013. The three closet people to the date (over or under) will be eligible and decided by your post time on your entry, earliest correct entry dates will win. All ties will be decided by CombatACE. Have fun!

I must have won - I said sometime in the future!!!

:biggrin:

Cheers Hellshade i forgot all about this  :doh:  Im not sure if i won or not but i already purchased WOFF as a day 1 purchase...If your about though ERIK i dont have The skin pack or Fokker scourge pack.

Money being tight just after Christmas (2 young kids) an all that id be more than Happy to receive The Skin pack and/or Scourge pack (thats if ive won)...Many thanks Hellshade and also to ERIK for the WOFF prizes  

No answer over a month and a half after WOFF shipped?

I guess that that answers that question.  It was all a hoax.  No intention of awarding anything to anyone.   Just a way to try and drum up business.    I think the folks who still haunt this forum even after OBD changed to another deserved better.   The best thing I can say is that I am deeply disappointed. 

I really just can't remember it - was it really the devs who opened this "contest",?

Or wasn't it started by a user?

I really just can't remember it - was it really the devs who opened this "contest",?

Or wasn't it started by a user?

As I recall, it was not the Devs, It was a user. Is there any way to research past threads?

I really don't think it was the Devs.  I would have said it was someone to do with Combat Ace itself, but I couldn't be sure about that part.

Hi Guys i believe it was ERIK...site owner  im absolutely sure it was ........Ive PM,d Erik,just waiting for a reply 

Edited by Adger1971

It was Erik, site owner.   The Devs were absolutely not involved,   He created the contest right after making a big deal about how he wanted OBD to move back and make this the official forum for W/OFF again. 

Guys, I just happened upon this thread. Between the site issues, the holidays, and health problems, I think this one fell through the cracks. Let me investigate and I will get an answer.

FC

Guys, I just happened upon this thread. Between the site issues, the holidays, and health problems, I think this one fell through the cracks. Let me investigate and I will get an answer.

FC

I know I did not win and I'm okay with that.  I would just like whoever did win to be appropriately rewarded.    Thank you for looking into this. 

Definitely fell through the cracks, will have to find that thread, figure this out, and advise.

Thanks.

Just to add I Had an Email sent from Erik,who definitely is going to chase this up...Many thanks Sir

Well? Can't be hard to find the thread, there's a link to it in post #9. Have the three winners been determined?

I'll have an announcement for everyone soon. I have an email out to sort the details of delivering the prizes. Simplicity isn't always doing the math. I'll keep you all posted.

Well? Can't be hard to find the thread, there's a link to it in post #9. Have the three winners been determined?

Only one winner, by strict definition of the rules, I'm afraid. Adger was the only one who guessed a number of days. The rest of us, myself included, guessed a date. Of course the number of days could be calculated from those dates, but still...

Thank you VonBaur...i didnt want to mention it and seem like i was being a bit picky,but like you said i was the only person who guessed the number of days ...Ive already mentioned to ERIK that i own WOFF

but any of the addons (if i have won) would be extremely appreciated ..Anyway if i have won something then great,if not then i hope who has enjoys WOFF,if any of you are thinking about getting it do so,it really

is an incredible sim.Thanks to ERIK aswell for donating the prizes to the lucky winners..drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

Edited by Adger1971

Only one winner, by strict definition of the rules, I'm afraid. Adger was the only one who guessed a number of days. The rest of us, myself included, guessed a date. Of course the number of days could be calculated from those dates, but still...

The rules state Grand prize, 2nd prize, 3rd prize. How is that one winner?

Read the whole thing, Jim. Adger was the only one who guessed a "number of days" as specifically stated in the rules. Only one legitimate guess was made, therefore there can be only one winner. Second and third place prizes need not be awarded.

The contest also gave a date by which all guesses must be made. There were a lot of people who came close (if giving a date is considered acceptable) but posted after that date, when the thread was revisited. Take a look:

http://combatace.com/topic/78648-official-woff-game-day-pool-ca/

Okay, I get it, there were three rewards offered but only one guess that fell within the format, thus one winner. Thanks for sorting that out for me, VB!

Any New developments ERIK? Have the winners been notified at all Bud drinks.gif.pagespeed.ce.9olfNKsCP-.gif

It's been over three weeks since this thread started...

So, anybody? Anybody at all... Beuller?

Bueller?....Bueller?    Haha laughed at that one Jim,great film,but in all seriousness your right bud.

Adger -

The only winner was you. I thought that had been cleared up. I asked how I could transfer purchases internally for WOFF expansions like you asked have not heard anything back. I will send off another request, maybe I have an old email address. I'll get this sorted with you even if we just reimburse you for the purchase directly. I had hoped for a better answer and maybe have some consolation prizes but at this point I just don't know. I'll advise as soon as I have something for you or we can figure out a different solution if waiting isn't amenable. Let me know.

Erik

• Like 1