Sign in to follow this  
crl848

New toy - P-51 sim cockpit

Check this out guys - I've always wanted a sim cockpit and picked up a second hand one relatively cheaply. It's a P-51 from a Swiss firm called Simaviatik, which I believe isn't trading any more or at least has no web presence.

Here's a photo of the actual cockpit and setup. It runs MFS with I believe the A2A Mustang add-on. I'm getting used to prop flying, RPM/throttle settings etc. I'm not sure what else it could run, theoretically Il-2 but I don't have it. No documentation with the sim, so I'd have to work out the connections on my own...

092_zps8729db0c.jpg

Here's a link to a SimHQ article and a youtube video.

• Like 2

Nice but way over the top for me.  You need DCS mustang.  Now that really is a top Mustang sim.

• Like 1

Have fun!

While I am sure the A2A Mustang is a joy to fly/operate, DCS Mustang has guns and a target to use on them.

Hopefully the controls are all DirectX plug n play so they can easily be mapped into other games.

If the instruments are functional, that would be much harder to adapt to DCS, though I bet it could be done by someone who knows DCS.

Yeah, that could be a problem. The instruments are an LCD display, which does look quite realistic and means less chance of mechanical failures. But how it works with another sim, I don't know. With no documentation it'll be a bit of a job to convert it I assume. For the moment I'm just enjoying the immersion, which is fun. But lack of things to kill is the reason I gave up MSFS in the first place!

An LCD display should be adaptable. Plenty of guys already mapping DCS control panels to LCDs.