Sign in to follow this  

here's beta of TWPOSTPROCESS.FX shader tweak that enhances bloom on final render pass, and also boosts up general screen contrast a little; during night the rendering seems unchanged, only after dawn and before dusk

bloom mod beta.ZIP

here's how it looks ingame without SweetFX or HDR wrappers:

post-8911-0-88532700-1391164097_thumb.jpg

post-8911-0-69644600-1391164134_thumb.jpg

post-8911-0-94718500-1391164157_thumb.jpg

of course it's beta, the clouds and sky for example are overexposed and require new modified environmentsystem.ini with modified clouds graphics etc

edit: given the nature of SF2 HLSL shaders it will work only in Dx10 mode, and I tested it in full-merge installation, July13 level

Edited by Stary
  • Like 4

here's beta of TWPOSTPROCESS.FX shader tweak that enhances bloom on final render pass, and also boosts up general screen contrast a little; during night the rendering seems unchanged, only after dawn and before dusk

here's how it looks ingame without SweetFX or HDR wrappers:

of course it's beta, the clouds and sky for example are overexposed and require new modified environmentsystem.ini with modified clouds graphics etc

edit: given the nature of SF2 HLSL shaders it will work only in Dx10 mode, and I tested it in full-merge installation, July13 level

Stary what is the horizondistance setting used in those shots?  It looks like you have found a way to increase the draw distance like we were able to before TK changed it for the new terrain engine. With older patch levels one could set HorizonDistance= to between 100000.0  to 200000.0 if they had a powerful rig. After TK made the change, any attempt I made to approach or exceed to 100000.0 mark induced visual artifacts into the horizon point.

Edited by Icarus999

I always have mixed feelings when it come to bloom.

Normaly Like it on the horizon and clouds only but it has a tendency to create an unrealstic watercolor look.

Screenshot 1 and 3 looks ok but the glowing fields on image 2 are horrible.

It has this plus that one can use or pass on it Rends

Icarus, it's not modified, distance set at stock very far ingame

Oh,it wasn't meant to critizise your work. I was more speaking in general what i like when using bloom and what not.

I can't remember any game i own where it worked right. It seams that the effect itself makes things bloom that shouldn't bright texture parts ( like the fields) for example.

I know people love bloom it's just not the case for me.

Edited by Rends

Wouldn't be possible to get a Night Only mod that enlights a bit the game and adds a green filter simulating NVG? Of course it will not work during the day, but the bloom filters are pretty easy to install and uninstall IIRC.

2R9yjtC.jpg