Looking good! I'm looking forward to flying this in Palestine.

Hope the move goes smoothly.

Great stuff, all the best for your move!

The movers come in a couple of days, but I've found time to finish the airframe and start the cockpit.  I aim to get the thing into the air by month's end for testing/tweaking.  The cockpit's details are mostly speculation but the periscopic bomb sight is accurate, though it was not installed in all Martinsydes, nor was the second Lewis gun.  Guys who have kludged a bomb sight for the Gotha can do the same thing for the Martinsyde.  Give the blighters a taste of the Coopers bombs!   :biggrin:

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 1

Amazing model mate!! You will made me reinstall FE2 just to try this and Palestine.

Thanks.  There's more on the way.  I'll finish the Halberstadt D.V after the Martinsyde.

• Like 1

Got the Martinsyde working ingame - barely.  I used Bort's old files to get it flying in the Palestine mod but new, or modified, files are needed.  Stephen1918 sent me instructions on how to develop new files so, for the next few weeks I'm going to be working on files and asking lots of dumb, newbie questions!  :biggrin:

Been tinkering with files and working on the cockpit.  Still have to add broken pencils and cigarette butts.   :biggrin:

Edited by Geezer

The Martinsyde is off to ojcar for testing and tweaking, so I'm taking a break from files, specs, etc and just doing some artwork.  Shots below are for new Palestine mod Albatros D.5 skins.  Still a WIP, but the hard parts (lozenge fabric and plywood fuselage) are mostly done.

Been slowly grinding my way through the process of getting everything to work ingame.  I could not have done it without Stephen1918 patiently answering my newbie questions.  Have also gotten the pilots to work in other aircraft - will have to put together separate packs for winter, summer, and desert pilots.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 1

some beautiful work there, Geezer!! Simply amazing stuff!!

Thanks.  The textures may be overkill, but I want to push the envelope to see what the game engine can do.  If I push too far, I can always back off a bit.  One of the things I've learned from this is to devote more polys to the curved shapes of the fuselage in the cockpit area - they look a bit too angular.

Hey, Geezer you have done a remarkable work on these planes the Martinsyde looks terrific!

May I make a couple of comments suggestions on the Albatros?

The Albatri serving in the Palestine were sporting double radiators, could an extra one be added?

12-6.jpg

Albatros_D_Va_captured_in_Palestine_1918

Also you are using a four colour lozenge patern on the wings, that was never used by the type.

The five colour one is the correct choice.

One more detail is that the reinforcing linnen ribbons on the wings and tailplane, were not used on the control surfaces (ailerons, elevator)

With help from ojcar and Stephen1918, I got the cockpit Lewis gun working.

• Like 1

I just uploaded the Martinsyde G100 to CA - it should be available later today.  Following shortly will be the G102 - basically a G100 with more powerful engine.

To reinforce the recently learned lessons, I am pushing the Halberstadt D5 through the production process even though the textures are not yet finished - I can finish them later.  Shown below is the new 3D model flying ingame using Bort's old files.

• Like 1