corsaire31

Where is everybody ?

In the past months all people here were saying that these forums would come back to life once WOFF would be released. Now it's been out for more that a month and we still have one post per day or so...

As everyone definitely switched to the dark side...  mmm sorry the official forum ?  :biggrin:  What is the BOC doing for gathering the troops ?

Well, as one of the co-founders and the - aerhm... - damn, I always forget

what my position is in the club; was it vice president? - I am here regularly.

But I agree; activity is very low recently.

I guess everyone is trying hard to achieve anything worth reporting with the

new sim, which is in some ways more realistic, and thereby harder.

Give them time, Corsaire.

The long winter also takes it's toll - with coming spring, I guess, everybody

will come out of their ground holes again.

Our president Lou is very busy workwise, and in his spare time working on

a wonderful, huge WOFF Verdun Area Map, for which he actually fliesover

all areas and makes aerial "photos", which he then compiles and uses

as a basis.

Hi

I still check the forum every day - but Iam also spending a lot of time getting to know WOFF.

I've seen Lou is doing a fantastic job with his mapping, already downloaded last version ( I am flying from Lemmes with Escadrille 69 )

Now it's been out for more that a month and we still have one post per day or so...

And some days, not even that. Not even WOFF topics. No hair-raising combat tales. No screenies. It does seem that the air has gone out of the tires.

Never been good at AAR and currnetly having issues taking screen shots in WOFF.  Current project Late 1916 Jasta 6 circus - giving skins to HA that do not have in-game skins, and looking into giving any squad mates that have got to ace their own in-game skins - WIP

I still check in every day but it is quiet...I think that because we,ve Officially moved over to SIM HQ the OBD Devs are there 99% of the time.All things relating to WOFF are dealt with there.

Ive put screenies up on here and as ive mentioned before i was a late comer to OFF ,but CA forums was my first home.I love Combat ACE,s Layout,the medals,the full screen screenshots,and overall its just a friendly place to be.

I just think that new buyers to WOFF dont really know about this forum...and thats a real shame,i hope and pray that this forum does,nt wither out and eventually disappear...i for one would be gutted cray.gif.pagespeed.ce.e7zcGoJNnJ.gif

You're right corsaire, they've switched allegiance.  Despite all the talk earlier when the developers moved and made that the official site.  The reality is once WOFF came out people gravitated over to SimHQ.  That is the only place where you can interact with the developers and get your questions answered.  New players will go there.  In fact, they probably don't even know we exist.  Just look at the posters there, all of the usual suspects.  Even you Olham have over 1500 posts already.  We're like the small Mom & Pop store that everyone used to shop at but has now been replaced by a bigger, flashier, cheaper box store.  We can't compete.  I don't think we'll go belly up, but we'll never return to our former glory.  You can have a pleasant chat here but if you want hard information on WOFF you'll have to go to SimHQ.  Fortunately it's just a matter of a mouse click or two to get there.  Times change.

• Like 1

You're right corsaire, they've switched allegiance.  Despite all the talk earlier when the developers moved and made that the official site.  The reality is once WOFF came out people gravitated over to SimHQ.  That is the only place where you can interact with the developers and get your questions answered.  New players will go there.  In fact, they probably don't even know we exist.  Just look at the posters there, all of the usual suspects.  Even you Olham have over 1500 posts already.  We're like the small Mom & Pop store that everyone used to shop at but has now been replaced by a bigger, flashier, cheaper box store.  We can't compete.  I don't think we'll go belly up, but we'll never return to our former glory.  You can have a pleasant chat here but if you want hard information on WOFF you'll have to go to SimHQ.  Fortunately it's just a matter of a mouse click or two to get there.  Times change.

I'm still here, answer questions when I can. Pol stops by. But yeah, we need more guys posting screenies, combat reports etc.

Cheers,

shredward

Dont even get me started on the topic.

"Where is everybody ?"

I don't know about everyone else but I'm currently enjoying the warmth and beauty that is North Dakota in the dead of winter.  -10 Fahrenheit with a -32 windchill this AM as I was getting ready to leave Dickinson, and that is actually quite an improvement from where it was a week ago.  In Bismarck at this particular moment where it is a balmy +4 now and sunny.  Might have to go outside and work on my winter tan.

Dave, I'll say nothing to get you started Sir, but I will state that I still prefer these digs by 1000% over what is now the 'official' forum for Over Flanders Fields.

Corsaire31, glad you like the Verdun map thus far.  If the gods are kind I may have some time this weekend to work on it a bit more.

Lou

Edited by RAF_Louvert

I check in every day, but generally have little to say.  Maybe I should start putting together AARs. Something I last did (once) when P3 came out.

I never go to the other place as it goes.  I just don't like the 'feel' of it.

I still look in every day but as I still don't have WOFF I really can't comment on anything game related .

cheers

I never go to the other place as it goes.  I just don't like the 'feel' of it.

I do a fly-by daily to see what's up, but the graphics are pretty bleak. Truth to tell, when I want a little 'stick time', I'm gravitating to RoF these days.

Well, the visuals are one thing, surely, but the whole way the AI is working and behaving

almost human, totally unpredictable - that is a quality 'the other sim' is lacking completely.

And the landscapes in WOFF appear much more like northern France than in RoF.

The single player campaign quality factor is definitely ten times better in WOFF IMHO.

Edited by Olham

I've kinda moved away from Forum Life these days. The 'Old Days' here were great...but since the move to SimHQ... I've kinda lost interest. I'm much more into Facebook.

I've unfortunately got into a more responsible position at work; and to set a good example I don't pop up non-work sites, or at most do so at a minimum.  I used to be able to check in and make a 1 liner now and then, but now it's only in the evenings,and I'm not on the idiot box every night.  I'd love to see everything come back here, but with my posting rate it's never going to happen!  Still, the eye candy here is nicer, the BOC is here, it's just plain nicer here.  I even managed to update my siggie banner for the debut of WOFF.

I'm flying when I can, still in training and wondering why I can just barely keep up with Capt Owen Triggers.  But real life is busy too, with projects in the shop for the new granddaughter on the way (and it looks like she may be early!), I've had some car issues, some travel, and I'm trying to design a facelift and updated roof lines for the family homestead (we need to re-roof and re-side...)

Keep up the faith!  I never check one place without the other....

Tom

I check both forums most days but I am still in the process of trying to get CFS3, or its derivatives, to run on our computer so I haven't any of my normal OFF type misadventures to report.  Still, the new hard drive came this week so I'm hoping to make more progress shortly.

If I do, I plan to mark the event by working out how to get my new BOC badge to display.

Edited by Wayfarer

I've unfortunately got into a more responsible position at work....

...with projects in the shop for the new granddaughter on the way (and it looks like she may be early

Congratulations on both of these!

Congratulations on both of these!

Thanks!  Although sometimes I feel that "more responsible..." translates to that old saw, "Every time something goes wrong, I'm responsible!"  I didn't get a raise, but the opportunity for bonus went way up, and was achieved.  So at least there is that much.

Things are tough everywhere!

Thanks again,

Tom

Well, if it's anything like me, they are all tuning their WOFF setups and lurking on SIMHQ for tweak advice and latest issue information.

Hopefully things will settle down some and we can all get back to spending more time on CA!

Best Regards;