Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

(Night) Flying with the Bedouins...

About a year ago I received a book from Amazon.com with a small freebie book enclosed, a smallish (paperback sized) slim volumn. It was the memoirs of a pilot/crewman who flew with a Handley-Page bomber group whose specialty was night ops. The group changed their home airfield so many times they acquired the nickname "The Bedouins". It was an interesting little read, but not a keeper...so I didn't, and now I regret it. I entered this thread title in the Amazon search bar, but get no response back. I know that many of you have read broadly on WWI aviation. Can anyone help me out?

ps: This thread title was the sub-title of the book.

Edited by Hauksbee

Brilliant, theultimat. I thought this one was going to be a real toughie to find. Thanks much.

Ooops! And thanks to you too, Olham. I just didn't scroll down far enough.

Edited by Hauksbee

I thought this one was going to be a real toughie to find.

You'd be amazed, how many old books you can find with ABEBOOKS.com

You'd be amazed, how many old books you can find with ABEBOOKS.com

A good thing to remember. My luck has been so good with amazon.com in the past that I start thinking that if I can't find it there, it probably doesn't exist. Wikipedia, too. I tried finding any reference to a Handley-Page bomber group that called itself 'the Bedouins'. Nothing. My two favorites wells gone dry. Ah, but good old Combat Ace...

AbeBooks seems to be an international online shop for antiquarian books -

when they don't offer it, it must be REALLY rare.