Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

Does DLC require the latest game-version?

Hi - now that the TW store is online again, I am about to download TW's F-4N-DLC. But I am having second thoughts: I have SF2V and NA both on July 2012 and (seeing the trouble the latter updates brought) am more than happy with that. Will downloading and installing a DLC require the latest game-version - or (even worse) update the games "itself"?

The DLC will update your sims to the latest patch level, which I have been perfectly happy with.  Be aware that your mods will be affected just like running a patch, so you will need to re-name your Mod Folder to zMods to prevent those files being altered.  Do a search for the method for installing the DLC without having it update your current patch level.  It is easily done, just I have not tried it myself.  In a recent thread it was covered at length.

Okay, so I will check that out once again before making the purchase... Thanks for your quick reply.

Shameless plug Stingray....check out my skin pack for that N. Every unit and nearly every scheme flown.....

I seem to remember a thread about using  a second install to accomplish this . One game  at the current patch level and one at say July 2012, using the current patch level to install the DLC... and then porting it over to the July 2012 patch level game.

Open the dlc file with 7z and drop the dlc folder in dlc folder of sf2 intalation

Anda that (alone) will do the trick? ...Sounds like a nice thing to try...