Sign in to follow this  
Azref

Crash when loading Instant Action

Hi folks, I've just reinstalled the entire SF2 series and keep getting a crash when i try to run Instant Action, this happens no matter what shortcut i use to start the game.

The install is merged and updated to the July 2013 patch.

I'm wondering if i've installed some modded terrain wrongly. Currently all the terrain mods i have installed are in the same folder under C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 NorthAtlantic\Terrains

I also have Sarcasm 1.5 and Unified Effects 1.2 installed in the Flight and Effects folders.

Any help is appreciated.

A problem with Instant Action is usually caused by a mismatch between two files, Options.INI

in your main StrikeFighters folder, and InstantAction.INI in the Flight folder.

Check your Options.INI file for these lines:
[instantAction]
AircraftType=F-4E_75

You need to make sure that this is an aircraft that you have

available in your Objects/Aircraft folder.

Now check the file InstantAction.INI in the

Flight folder. It should read:
[AircraftMission001]
AircraftType=F-4E_75

If there is a mismatch, or if the aircraft specified is not one that you have available, Instant Action will not function.

A problem with Instant Action is usually caused by a mismatch between two files, Options.INI

in your main StrikeFighters folder, and InstantAction.INI in the Flight folder.

Check your Options.INI file for these lines:

[instantAction]

AircraftType=F-4E_75

You need to make sure that this is an aircraft that you have

available in your Objects/Aircraft folder.

Now check the file InstantAction.INI in the

Flight folder. It should read:

[AircraftMission001]

AircraftType=F-4E_75

If there is a mismatch, or if the aircraft specified is not one that you have available, Instant Action will not function.

Hi Gatling20, thanks for the help so far.

I found the options.ini file in my save folder however cannot find the InstantAction.INI you mention. The only file with that title for me is a DLL in the flight folder.

It's also worth mentioning that if i remove the mod terrains instant action loads without issue.

Hi all, I found the problem it seems. It appears it was my fault as i was trying to run SF2 NA with Stary's 1024 Iceland tile set without realising i needed Gerwin's Iceland as a base. After removing the terrains folder it fixed the issue.

Thanks again for the help.

P.S. Is there a High Res tile set for Iceland available like there is for other theaters? I can only find the Gerwin 1024 tiles and they crash my game.