Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

SP1 Patch Problems - Post here!

There have been some reported problems with patch, so please post them in this thread so we can help TK get the problems ironed out.

Again, clear and concise people! :D

I INSTALLED THE PATCH AND THEN PLAYED SFP1 FOR THE FIRST TIME (SO IT'S CLEAN) AND THE RWR IS A BUNCH OF RANDOM BLOCKS OF COLORS IN THE LITTLE SCREEN- HAVE A 128MB RADEON 9700 PRO AND DIRECT X 9.0 SO WHATS GOIN ON?? :x

I have the same RWR issues here, but with DX8.1 and a Radeon AIW 32meg, Catalyst 2.5 drivers (I'm lame, haven't kicked to 3.0 yet). Maybe it's a Radeon issue? Any other ATI users out there with the same problem?

If you guys look at the readme.txt file that came with the patch... under section 6 "Known Issues":

"* The RWR display present aboard the F-4E Phantom II may not display

properly on certain ATI video cards."

not sure how that helps your problem... but at least it is a known issue to Thridwire.

Guest Ranger332

the eurotiles are driving me to drink but as soon as i getum Ill post soutionthink its just not installed right

If you guys look at the readme.txt file that came with the patch... under section 6 "Known Issues":

"* The RWR display present aboard the F-4E Phantom II may not display

properly on certain ATI video cards."

not sure how that helps your problem... but at least it is a known issue to Thridwire.

Damn, I missed that one, and I read the damn thing.... Oh well, don't I look foolish... :roll:

I tried to install the patch and I got message that said "SPF:1 installation could not be found on your system, please try reinstalling the SPF:1". I didn't install the game to the default directory which could be a problem, but I think TK should correct this in the patch because, we should be able to install the game where we want. The patch should search out the files it needs on the user hard drive not just the default location that the game tries to install too! If that is what the reason is, that's all I could come up with though. :wink:

HL wont recognize the file path even if i type it in or copy and paste the path in from the properties(minus the qoutation marks of course). Only problem i have. My graphics and RAM arent up to speed but i'm happy with it overall

OK, I bought this game finally this weekend because the patch has finally been released. I saw that Best Buy was selling for $14.99 but they were out. I wanted this game so I went to CompUSA and bought it for $43.16 after tax. Right now I'm feeling so screwed. I hope someone can help me.

I could not get it to run after install and patch, it would immediately CTD. So, i reformatted my HD (NTFS), reinstalled OS and all updated drivers and it worked intermittently. Sometimes when I hit escape it would reboot my machine, other times it would still crash to desktop. When it ran it looked great and I wanted more!

Here are my machine and specs:

1.2G Duron

ABIT KT-7E

512M PC-133 SDRAM

Maxtor 40G 7200, ATA-100

Gainward Geforce 4 Golden Sample MX440, 64M

Creative Soundblaster Live

Microsoft FF2 Joystick

WinXP Pro SP1

41.09 win2kxp video drivers

Syncmaster 955DF Drivers for monitor

DirectX 8.1 from Strike Fighters CD

SBLive drivers from CD

My Strike Fighters CD says it is 24147CD1

Pre-patch my Strike Fighters version appears to be 10.11.02 from the main page.

Now I've tried an uninstall/reinstall/patch (a few times)to see if it could clear up my problems and I get this wonderful error:

The File C:Program FilesStrategy FirstStrike FightersObjectsAircraftA-4eUSMC Grey1A-4_Nose.bmp is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded. The game crashes immediatley now and won't start up.

I have not downloaded any mods, I've just been trying to get this to work properly. I uninstalled using the uninstall option from the Strike Fighters menu. I've also verified no folder was left. I checked my Registry via REGEDIT and I can't find anything (from what I can tell). I've also played with sound acceleration by lowering it halfway in Windows and switching between 16 & 24 in the game sound options.

I'm really frustrated and confused, I've never had a game this troublesome. Any input you have to help me get this flying is very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!

Problems that need to be addressed:

*THAT ACCURSED RADEON RWR BUG!

*If there are no custom pilots (just good ol' Ace Pilot), and you try to check the pilot statistics from the main menu, the game will CTD.

*When flying at around Mach 2 at an altitude of near 44,000 feet, the plane will start to fly sideways. The afterburners start coming out of the side of the fuselage, and the external parts of the AC visible from the cockpit (wings, IFR probe, tail unit, etc.) start floating around outside the windows and in the mirrors.

*If you start an Anti-Ship mission "close to target", your craft can spawn in the same exact space as an enemy. You explode as soon as the mission starts.

*Spins and stalls are still unrealistically infrequent.

*Ground collision is horrible. It is possible to hit the ground at near-supersonic speed and simply bounce back into the air. Shouldn't you at least tear something off when you do that?

*When AC manage to safely belly-land, they begin to bounce and flip around like fish out of water. Just watch Soviet fighters when they run out of fuel. Just hilarious.

*You can fly through trees and buildings like they are made of air.

*Why are night missions completely pitch-black? Shouldn't there be lights on in the cities?

*And shouldn't the US Navy planes be operating from a carrier?

*The F-4 Phantom II is a two-seat plane. Why does it seem like I'm the only one ever crewing the plane? There should be an option to fly backseat while the AI pilots the plane (most F-4 aces WERE backseaters). Or you can pilot while backseat AI operates the weapons. That way you would really feel like part of a team. Portraying the plane as a one-seater does not do it much justice.

*Flyable Soviet fighters with authentic Soviet cockpits, sights, instruments, radio chatter, and weapons would be nice.

*How about tactical nuclear weapons? The A-4 was known for its nuclear capability. Or how about the Genie and Nuclear Falcon missiles? This is the Cold War, right? Nukes would complete that Missile Crisis atmosphere and make intercept missions that more imperative.

It seems like I'm an angry little troll complaining, but I do enjoy this game. I do think, though, that these issues have to be addressed for it to be a truly GREAT game.

Since patch I can't enter Campaign mode get instant ctd. Everything else works fine. Was able to fly campaign before patch. Uninstalled everything before adding patch.

Dell 1.2 Powerleaped Celery

512 RAM

GeForce2Pro 32

I've been flying a bunch of Single Mission operations, and every now and them will get a mission to "Null". The last waypoint is off the map.

And is it just me, or does SF tend to not recognize that you've changed some settings from the last time you played, i.e. from "Normal" to "Hard" and vice-versa?

Also, upgraded my drivers, ATI Radeon 8500 from 2.5 to 3.0 and lost my RWR. Probably going to have to switch back, but maybe not, as they've solved an FS2002 problem I was having. Oh, well.

Figured out my ctd .......it was self inflicted.

Have begun to have CTD when in Campaign mode mainly, after the patch. It also happens occxasionally in Single Missions. Not sure the causes as it is so random. I didn't have any of these CTD's prior to the patch. SFP1 ran rock solid.

P4 2.8G

512 1066 RDRAM

GForce4 128mb

WinXP (Home)

My older Radeon doesn't display the radar warning reciever (Radeon 32meg SDR). Maybe they meant "all ATI cards...".

Wingmen and squadron members don't attack ground targets (despite the patch readme stating it has been fixed), not sure about non-squadron member aircraft.

I must have been blessed, I don't seem to have any of the CTDs that others are reporting. However I am also using W98SE, which may be part of it.

[edit] Gun/Cannon ammunition seems to add an abnormally heavy load to the aircraft (200,000 lbs+) when in the loadout screen, however it is not modelled in-game (as it would be impossible to take off in a 100 ton aircraft). [/edit]

At least there aren't anymore rubber MiGs (I watched it bounce around for about 5 minutes, then got bored and exited) :

Boing!

Boing!

Boing!

Boing!

Boing!

Boing!

Boing!

Boing!

Guest Ranger332

MULTI MULTI MULTI PLAYER------OR THE LACK OF IT

THEY DID GREAT BUT NOW i GET LESS MULTI THE PRE PATCH

I have a clean install and Patch 1 installed also.

Problems:

I can't get the hat switch on my Cygorg 3D Gold top work with the sim. All I can use is the mouse for changing views. Plus outside view looking rearward snaps back to front view, will not hold to rearward.

Rear Seat play would be nice in the F-4 Phantom.

Excelent sim overall, great graphics. Finally a sim with rearview mirrors that really work for fighters.

Compaq 6000

1.9 Intel P4

GeForce 4 MX 420 64Mb

768Mb DDR Ram

Well I can't get SF to run post-patch. It stops me cold at the start-up screen. I'm running Win ME and I have Strike Fighter's version "24147CD1". Also, I've never had any mods.

I have no problems running SF without the patch and I've done a clean re-install...still no joy. My sys....P4 1.8/ 384 rdram/ GF4 ti 4600. Please help! :shock:

Is there a better place to post this where it may even get read? This thread seems kind of buried in the muck.

Hat switch now working, problem was me. I finally got it configured correctly.

My problem now is the radar and not being able to use it to lock on air targets. Being able to fly the Migs and having MP would be nice.