After learning how to deal with 3dmax and it basic issues I've been able to convert a FSX model of the Principe de Asturias carrier into SF2....

It is still very very primitive but Its looking good as I keep working on it... So here you have the first pic , I've been working on the deck of the carrier (A low res one) and the result is quite good as it is the first time I do this:

i7di.jpg

Any advise or help will be welcome....

Cangas

• Like 7

Looks amazing. Wondering if it can have "invisible" trap wires so we can trap conventional landing planes?

Looks amazing. Wondering if it can have "invisible" trap wires so we can trap conventional landing planes?

Yes that's inside the Data.ini and I'll add them, right now I'm working with the textures, it takes time but it is easy if you have the proper programs

Edited by cangas

excellent. I welcome any European navy ships. the more the merrier. The Principe de Asturias is looking great. I can't wait.

I second that motion!!!

I would be happy to configure the defensive weapons entries in the data file for you. Looking forward to another ship.

Edit: I already have a prototype Meroka mount and gun data files that I was testing.

Edited by KJakker

Looking good!

One thing you can check for the hull and deck mesh is that "cast shadow" option is enabled in the object properties window. If yes, you can try to add the bellow data on the 4th tab.

post-30564-0-07935800-1392618126_thumb.jpg

This might give some shadow for the ship.

• Like 1

OK I'm playing with the mapping and although everything keeps primitive I'm feeling more confident.....

The render looks very good:

fexy.jpg

But......

yvpi.jpg

nfxa.jpg

If any experimented skinner wants to join the party, he will be welcome as well as you, KJakker for editing the Data.ini , please if you are interested contact me via PM.

Cangas

Edited by cangas
  • Like 1

antares ya cant just ask folks for carriers.

you have to promise to perform unnatural acts for them.....(Midway hint hint) :biggrin:

Hey DA, seems there is gonna be an SCS after all

I think someone had been working on one, but has since vanished from here

is a shame as it has been scrapped

Bump, so no Príncipe de Asturias carrier for SF2?

Hi all.

I´m the author of the Príncipe de Asturias for FSX. It is sad when somebody manipulates your work without permission or at least without any ackowledgement of authorship. I have given previous permission to other simmers to modify the ship, for instance to be used with X-plane. Many of my freeware models have been used in other simulators or even payware projects. I have never received a penny. And I would have been happy to see my model sailing in SF2 waters if somebody had taken a couple of minutes to contact me. 

I think FRpignon should review what he is doing with other people´s work.

Edited by jagl04

Hi all.

I´m the author of the Príncipe de Asturias for FSX. It is sad when somebody manipulates your work without permission or at least without any ackowledgement of authorship. I have given previous permission to other simmers to modify the ship, for instance to be used with X-plane. Many of my freeware models have been used in other simulators or even payware projects. I have never received a penny. And I would have been happy to see my model sailing in SF2 waters if somebody had taken a couple of minutes to contact me. 

I think FRpignon should review what he is doing with other people´s work.

In fact , jagl04 I tried to contact you  via PM at sim-outhouse forum like one year ago with no answer. After 2 months , and with no answer from you, I decided  to post here my conversion with the best of my intentions ,and hoping, that posting it here could help you to contact me ,and maybe, finishing a possible the conversion to SF2.

And 10 months after that ( that it is today), you came here accusing me of doing a dishonest work with what it is supposed to be your work , when the only thing I did was trying to get to know the use of 3dmax and other 3d software at the early stages of my learning period with that kind of software, and I want you to know that  I've NEVER , NEVER  thought to  post a finished model without knowledge.

But don't worry because the conversion make the model almost useless and I lost it in a HD crash a few months ago.

This discussion is pointless ,and  I have a couple of questions about this affaire wich I find really weird. So If you have any doubt please don't hesitate to contact me via PM. By talking people understand each other.

Bien, cordialement 

FRPignon

Edited by FRPignon
  • Like 4

This discussion bring me back to some old, bad times .... please not.

As here we are all freeware modders and we love that ship that  one of us FRPignon simply tried to port in SF2, I think that jag104, that is a real 3D Artist, could do the job and share with this community his fantastic ship.

This way no problem about credits, our best  thanks to jag104 and all the CA people very, very happy!

Peace and love :heart:

• Like 4