alless

Donating models, ingame guys?

Hey all,

Is anybody here interested to do models into game if i buy them on sites like turbosquid? I guess this is allowed here?

I would look for textured ones in some normal polycount and there are tons of them actually.

That would be very cool, i think.

if there are models that have got my personal interest I´m willing to do the paint shops. ;-)

remember it's not as easy as buying a model and converting it ,animations have to be redone. many are very high poly etc. it's almost better to get a source file from a MSFS or CFS  or other game and convert that.

And also don't forget to contact the author about licensing, etc.  The Super Hornet models were derived from one model, and I had to clarify that it would be under a non-editable format in order to keep it legal.

Yes, EricJ brings up a good point.  Many of the models (especially the free ones) are designated for personal use only which also means they can't be re-distributed.  So if you're looking for private help and plan to use the models only for your personal use, you should be absolutely fine (since sites like TS licensing terms clearly state You may NOT re-distribute, publish, or make Products available to any third party).  Good luck!

Most of licenses are so that you can distribute it to but it has to be in safe format and you cannot resell it.

Nice F22 http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/715534

C-17 http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/775127

I know there are plenty of F-16 in sf2 but still very low poly, here i found one nice http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/773134

What is actually the polycount for sf2 models?

I have talked to a friend about useing those models, I have donwloaded many of them and checked them. The amount of rework is far higher than creating a complete new aircraft from scratch.

As the guys wrote already, the polycount is far to high on nearly all models or they are not modeled that way the game needs it. Those models are good reference to look how it could be modeled but not a real solution.

The biggest problem is, everyone builds the stuff he likes, and we have no one who builds Cargo planes in SF2 quality.

best spend money so far was the SuperBug, but it took also alot of work and time to finish it

I have talked to a friend about useing those models, I have donwloaded many of them and checked them. The amount of rework is far higher than creating a complete new aircraft from scratch.

As the guys wrote already, the polycount is far to high on nearly all models or they are not modeled that way the game needs it. Those models are good reference to look how it could be modeled but not a real solution.

The biggest problem is, everyone builds the stuff he likes, and we have no one who builds Cargo planes in SF2 quality.

best spend money so far was the SuperBug, but it took also alot of work and time to finish it

Yeah i know how is it there, im 3d artist to but i dont have time and no experience on planes as im building mostly racing cars for games.

Thought before each purchase each model can be checked up to from turbosquid stuff that can make more screens of those models to and how are they textured and so on.

Marcfighter has posted screenshots over the last few years of cargo planes he's built for SF, whether or not he envisages releasing them even as AI I don't know... take a look at his KC-10 for example which I believe is in the DS Mod as an aircraft which was released.

..... the Viggen for TSF please.

Right Jon?  :biggrin: