Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

SF2NA - Radar - how do I get the ILS-bars?

Hey, I already tried to find a radar-thread (if I remember correctly, there WAS one) but didn't manage to find it (on the KB or the Gen Discussions)...

When flying the Tomcat and switching on the radar, I do get the vertical bar pointing to the next waypoint mirrored into the HUD. When selecting a weapon, this then is replaced by the "aiming mode / aid". But how do I get back to my Nav-mode? I am especially missing the ILS-bars when landing... Cycling through the radar-modes does not bring it back, so, I should somehow "deselect" my weapon... (How) Can this be done?

Try setting your guns to caged mode using the ' button on your keyboard or whatever your caged mode button is.

Ah, okay, thanks a lot! I dedicated my x52 buttons long time ago... So, I will check out your advice! Thx again.

I have an X52 too and I assigned the T1, T2 and T3 buttons to toggle ground armament, bomb quantity and bomb ripple. In a Tomcat T2 and T3 now also toggle radar modes, optical systems and Nav mode. 

Okay, I got it (on German keyboards it's assigned to the "ä"-key) and everything works (of course)...

And I will keep thinking, which X52-buttons to assign best...

Another one, though: by hitting Alt+N I "beamed" me directly to the carrier approach and got the ILS working instantly. Does it "switch on automatically" when in caged mode and when approaching the carrier?