Adger

Guess the Plane,Jasta,and pilot

Guess the 3 things Gents,1,Aircraft,2,which Jasta and 3,the pilot please (Olham,Elephant,JfM,Hasse) i reckon you know right away ) :biggrin: so please give the others a quick chance first  ha ha

Edited by Adger

The aeroplane is an Albatross D.II. Square lower wing and low set top wing.

As to pilot and unit it's got me beat!

There are several pilots (that I know of) who flew using the Skull and Crossbones symbol.

Julius Arigi of the LFT.

Georg von Hantlemann

Prince Friedrich von Preussen

Kurt Monnington

Julius Arigi of Flik 55J is out, as the only photo I've seen of his Albatross (which is a Oeffag D.III) has the skull and crossbones painted directly onto the fuselage. No band.

George von Hantlemann is out as by the time he started flying his unit - Jasta 18 - was equipped with D.III's. Add to that Georg' symbol was overpainted on a white and black band.

Kurt Monnington of Jasta 15 is out too. His Albatross, again a  D.III, had the fuselage top and sides painted a serrated green camo.

That leaves Prince Friedrich Karl. He could have been a  contender. After all he flew occasionally with Jasta 2, although usually a Albatross D.I. But even if he flew a D.II, his emblem doesn't match as it was skull was set in a green, possibly black, square.

Interested to see who others may come up with.

Ok Pips it was indeed Kurt Monnington,your spot on with the Alb D.II,now the Jasta..i was surprised (i did,nt know Kurt flew from this Jasta,but he most definitely did)..its not 15. :biggrin:

One tip, Pips: "The Jasta Pilots" and "Above the Lines" will not help you much -

they both don't show where he was flying early on.

If you should own "Das Kriegstagebuch der Jasta ..." (The War Diary of Jasta ..." * -

then you'll find him there.

* number would be a spoiler...

Adger: Over at WOFF, your picture was longer horizontally. At the far upper right corner there appears to be a tear in  your world. What is it?

Capture.JPG

Ah, a hole in reality or has it gone the way of all old jigsaw puzzles - you redo it only to find it incomplete. Beware, Se5s could fall through any minute.

Not sure Hauksbee,whilst flying i did,nt notice anything extraordinary,maybe i entered.............. The Twilight Zone  :blink:  ha ha

Could be the trailing edge of another plane's wing? Looks a bit jagged for it, but that could just be because the ailerons are angled? It's a possibility anyway haha.

I guess the screenshot was taken from the cockpit of another Albatros.

If he even zoomed in, the trailing edge of the left aileron would appear

like this.