Sign in to follow this  
deanklef

Duel install problem

I recently have tried to install several Mods to my game, such as the Expansion for SF2 Vietnam, the Falklands SF2, and the 48-56 SF2 Israel .

My problem is when I change the name on the setup and run the setup (followed by running the game once) then when I go to the saved games folder I find there is a new title plus the original game (in other words...dual copies)

When I then try to run the game, it always defaults to the original game not the update.

If I delete the original game from saved games folder and try to run the game, then it locks up.

I hope that you can understand this as I am not explaining in technical terms, as I am not fluent in them.

I am running in Windows 7.

Thank you,

DeanKlef

I find there is a new title plus the original game (in other words...dual copies)

That is EXACTLY what's supposed to happen!!!

because you've created, in essence, an entire new game.

Do you mean to install each game in a separate

'saved games folder"?

deanklef

The mistake you are making is renaming the actauil stock exe..I think

example...

copy strikefighters2Europe.exe and its ini ,rename them to whatever mod name you want  mines Great Britain in pic

then run the Great Britain.exe to create the folders for you to add the mod you want....

post-1981-0-90970000-1393104856.jpg

Sorry, for being so dumb, I have been changing the name of the "setup" is this the same as  the "exe"? if this is wrong then  were is the exe and it's in

Should I put the setup in a renamed folder before running it?

deanklef

''

The "exe" is the green icon button with the lighter green airplane image in it. For StrikeFighters2 it will be the green icon button named "StrikeFighters2". Just as Russouk said, make a copy of the green icon button named "StrikeFighters2", and rename it "StrikeFighters2 Falklands" or some other equally inspired title. After renaming and saving, click on the newly renamed green icon button and enjoy the moment! It is really that straight forward.

like this

open folder

C:\programme files\Thirdwire\Strikefighters2\

then do like so...

post-1981-0-42869800-1393214051_thumb.jpg

Thanks for explaining it. I will try it and see how it goes.

deanklef