Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Need Joystick help

I have the CH fighter stick. NO FFB

THe stick works fine in OFF, ROF and all of flight sims so I know the stick is fine.

Yet in WOFF the rudder and Elevators just do their own thing at times and will just max out full up down on elevators and full left or right on the rudder.

Looking for any help on this please.

Thanks

Firecage, I guess you may have double-bindings for your control surfaces, and they interfere.

Go to "Workshop" and click on "Remap Keys/Controllers".

The setup menue will pop up.

Select the joystick in the frame "select controller" at the right.

Select your joystick, and then unbind each and every function.

Then select your rudder device there (if you use one) and do the same.

When you have unbound every command, you can now begin to bind all commands new,

Perhaps you do the rudder first, there are not many commands.

Then select the joystick again, and bind all other commands you want to be on the stick.

Make sure you do not make double-bindings (but you should receive warnings anyway).

good luck!

Edited by Olham

The Saitek has toe brake functions that are X & Y just like the joystick and you can't disable them. Even when I assign them as 'un assigned' they still hold on to the default axis and it causes the problem.

I have a redneck invention I am going to try today to fix the issue and will report back . I know I can't be the only pilot using these pedals so if anyone else has a programable fix please list it here.

I will try my idea and see how it works.

Thanks bud for the help  8)

S!

I use saitek pedals and have no problem with the toe brakes.  I also run a saitex x 52 flight control system.  I have some keys bound to my joystick, but just a few.

I also use SAITEK pedals, and after unbinding every undesired function, and binding

everything as it should be, I have no problems.I checked it in-game.

When I move the toe-brakes, no control surface reacts anymore.

This is a holdover from CFS3, which for some unknown reason seems to think that throttles and rudder pedals control anything but what you would think. The good news is that it's simple to get the game to go along with your controllers, it just takes a little work. The other good news is, if you've got an axis available, you can even set your mixture to a dial/slider, thus negating the need to bump it up and down by 10% at a time. As Olham said, go into "Remap keys/controllers" in the worksohop and look for controller axes (on the right side of the window).

If you have this sort of problem, and if you've ever used "FaceTrackNoIR" and installed the Vjoy virtual joystick driver, you might have a look at >this thread<.  (Scroll to post #16)

I had this identical problem with my rudder pedals (albeit they are Saitek; I don't think that matters in this case).  Not only will that virtual joystick driver interfere with axis programming as discussed above, but I learned the hard way it also will not allow you to delete axis so they can be re-programmed.  (If you have your speakers turned down or off while looking at the controller assignment dialogue, turn them on or up a bit - you'll hear a near-constant beeping noise; this is the virtual joystick driver).

Although it wasn't mentioned at first, I think this also eventually wound up in the official documentation about WOFF.  It may not be the same problem, but it certainly sounds and behaves the same way.  In my case, I hadn't used the FaceTrackNoIR in so long I had honestly forgotten that Vjoy was still installed.

Best of luck to you.

Edited by Tamper

Whew, I'm just an additional problem.  I also have the X52 + combat rudder pedals/toe brakes and no one seems to know how to do the mixture axis thing - I can't find it on the engine controls in the workshop, no button responds in the button list when I slide the "precision slider" (on the throttle by my thumb), but when I slide it I get the beeping noise described by Tamper for a while and then it quits - starts again when i move the slider, and then quits again shortly after I stop, as though it's "catching up" with multiple keystrokes.

Thanks to Olham's posts (and others), I did the unbind/rebind thing and I have no problem with the toe brakes, my TrackIR works just fine, but that mixture thing - in CFS3 ETO it works, I can kill my engine just by sliding the mixture full rich or full lean, it affects the rpm/engine sound, etc.  But not here.  So I beg thee, dear von Baur, did I just miss something on the list, or ????  I think I'd have the ideal WOFF setup if I could get past this little issue.

Not to barge in on Firecage's thread, but from the sounds of it, what would help me may also help him.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by HumanDrone

It's in with the axis assignments on the right-hand side, not the button assignments on the left, HD. If you're still having trouble I'll check exactly  saturday, as I won't be home again until then.

HumanDrone, you first select "Engine Commands" top left (A)

Then you select the controller device you want to use - it should be in the list at the right (B)

Now you unbind everything you don't want - see "Current bindings" ©

And at last you bind the axis for "Increase mixture" and "decrease mixture" (D)

I finally got WOFF yesterday, and spent the evening setting things up. I have X52 and Saitek rudder pedals, and managed to get most things working without too much trouble (even without looking at the above guide). The trick seems to be to set some things up and go fly and see if they work. I did overcome the toe brake problem and got the mixture set also. Still haven't figured out how to set trim up to slider like I did of OFF.

Anyhoo, having great fun.

Beard

Olham;

Thanks for that, I really appreciate all that effort, but I've been there, done that.  Something's screwy; when I'm on that screen, there is a scroll bar alongside the button list under the input device (numbered 1-16 in yours under the text T.16000M)  That bar is "jiggling" up and down and won't scroll.  If I try to bind the slider to a mixture axis, all I get are beeps.  They stop a bit after after I stop moving the slider, as thought they are trying to catch up with cached keystrokes.   Sounds like Beard might be having the same problem trying to put his trim on a slider.

Burning Beard, did you put your mixture on a slider?  I was going to use the "precision slider" on the top of the throttle near my thumb.  Or is that where you want to put your trim?

Thanks to both of you,

Tom

Yep, that's exactly where I put it. Funny you mention that jiggly thing, mine does the same thing when I open the key assignments page. I just ignored it and proceeded on. I haven't seen a bind to axis for the trim control.

Beard

It might be something unique to your controller, HD. I have a Logitech G940 and was able to assign mixture to one of the throttle wheels, no problem.

Guys, you should report that to OBD I guess. Never heard of that "error".

Well, I suppose that you are correct, Olham, but with some helpful new information.  This time I started WOFF without TrackIR and went to the workshops.  The jiggle of the scroll bar was gone, and I was able to bind the precision slider to the mixture, as I have it in CFS3 ETO.  Odd, though, I thought "why not go after what Beard said and put the trim on that little finger wheel that is also on the throttle?

Here it is odd again.  The formerly jiggly scroll bar won't scroll, even though it has room to do so (i.e. it doesn't go from the top to the bottom of the window, but has about 20% room at the bottom).  The window lists buttons 1 to 34, and that may well be all I have (glory, how any do you need?!) but I can't find that wheel.  So I have some looking up to do before I tell Pov & the crew; the more info I provide, the easier it is for them. 

This is aside from what may be "cheating" a bit.  Trim was fixed on these planes if it even existed, correct?  So if I set it once, to be a purist, i should not touch it for the rest of the flight, I suppose.  And, of course, I'm speaking of elevator trim, as I suppose we all are.

But that is what got it for me:  Going into WOFF workshops without TrackIR running stopped the odd behavior of the button status window and allowed me to bind my mixture to the precision slider.  Hope it helps others!

Best to all,

Tom