Hauksbee

JSGME for WOFF...

When I download JSGME, which directory of WOFF does it go into?

It should create a MODS folder in the folder "OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields", Hauksbee.

Well, I know I've got to be close, but it's not quite working yet. First, I downloaded Hellshade's Screenshots. Then I downloaded JSGME and unzipped it directly into CFSWW1. Inside the JSGME folder, there is a jsgme.exe and a MODS folder. I dragged Hellshades Screenshots (folder and all) into the MODS folder. Then I launched JGSME. Hellshades Screenshots appears in the left-hand column (Available Mods) I highlighted it and clicked the arrow button and now it's in the right-hand column (Activated Mods) But when I open WOFF, I'm still seeing gloves, hand grenades, Lugers, etc.

The JSGME program itself goes to the root directory of your game, for me it is F:/WOFF as I have a special partition for flight sims on my first HD. Olham is wrong, the "Mods" directory is inside F:/WOFF (or whatever your roots directory is called) as well.

So any mods going inside this "Mods" directory should have the structure "Name of the mod"/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields/... in order to install and desinstall properly.

Edit : if you are using CFSWW1 directory, you are in OFF ! :biggrin:

Edited by corsaire31

Edit : if you are using CFSWW1 directory, you are in OFF !

That was a right and proper cock-up. CFSWW1 and WOFF are both in the OBD folder. Ah well.

So, my address chain now reads C:/OBD/WOFF/JSGME. Is that right? The jsgme.exe and Mods are both in the same folder. Is that right? And should I rename Hellshades Screenshots to read Hellshades Screenshots/OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields? This is a bit trickier that RoF, though I don't know why it should.

All the JSGME mods made so far have been made with the JSGME.exe located in the main WOFF folder.  That makes a MODS folder one step below, or equal with the OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder.

All the JSGME mods made so far have been made with the JSGME.exe located in the main WOFF folder. 

Like this?

Here's the directory structure for ROF. As you can see, the jsgme.exe is not in a folder at all.

Capturesdfghjk.JPG

cvbnm.JPG

Edited by Hauksbee

You can simply use the JSGME-Program  with Self-Installer which was created by Lothar for Phase 3. Causes no Problems.

You can simply use the JSGME-Program  with Self-Installer which was created by Lothar for Phase 3. Causes no Problems.

Can you show me a link to it?

Just installed JSGME to the WOFF folder and the news update into the MODS folder.  I have now activated the news and will see if it works.  Next up is Hellshades screenshot mod. 

That was a right and proper cock-up. CFSWW1 and WOFF are both in the OBD folder. Ah well.

I don't think this is a good idea, much easier to have two clearly separate installs for OFF and WOFF.

I have used JSGME since it was made for Silent Hunter III and I use it for many games. Always been very simple to install and use for all of them. (easier if the mods have the right structure from the start)

Edited by corsaire31

I have activated both and the screenshots mod definitely does not work.  I still get the same old pictures of goggles etc.  What am I not doing or doing wrong? 

edited:  I had an 'extra' folder 'screenshots fixed' and under that was 'screenshots'.  Got rid of the extra folder and now it works.  Could do with getting rid of the watch (as suggested above). 

Edited by JimAttrill

Well, in case of the "DirectX8 to 9 Converter", my directory was right - it works.

Seems that is because the mod was written that way?

This is all very confusing, and I think it would be great, if all mods could be written for the same path?

What Corsaire said sounds logical to me...

Here is pic of my WOFF install, can't be simpler...

Then mods should have following structure :  "Name of the mod" / OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields / "mod content"   

For this one : Hellshades Screenshots / OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields / campaigns / Campaigndata / Nations / Busy1.bmp ....

2014-02-2412_35_56-Greenshot_zps4ffc6305

Edited by corsaire31

Well, I know I've got to be close, but it's not quite working yet. First, I downloaded Hellshade's Screenshots. Then I downloaded JSGME and unzipped it directly into CFSWW1. Inside the JSGME folder, there is a jsgme.exe and a MODS folder. I dragged Hellshades Screenshots (folder and all) into the MODS folder. Then I launched JGSME. Hellshades Screenshots appears in the left-hand column (Available Mods) I highlighted it and clicked the arrow button and now it's in the right-hand column (Activated Mods) But when I open WOFF, I'm still seeing gloves, hand grenades, Lugers, etc.

Corsaire's suggestion works for most of the mods. You just have to look at the mods people are creating to see if they are using the proper directory structure and if not, then make the necessary changes to their mods so that they are correctly using the directory structure like Corsaire has shown.

Unfortunately not everyone is following the same practice when creating mods so the ownus is on you to check it.

You mean, I can see what directory a mod uses, and even change that?

How do you do that?

Here is pic of my WOFF install, can't be simpler...

Then mods should have following structure :  "Name of the mod" / OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields / "mod content"   

For this one : Hellshades Screenshots / OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields / campaigns / Campaigndata / Nations / Busy1.bmp ....

2014-02-2412_35_56-Greenshot_zps4ffc6305

Corsair: I took CFSWWI, pulled it to the desktop, put it in a folder and put that one in another folder now titled CFSWWI_Over Flanders Fields, and returned it. It now sits directly above OBDSoftware. That should keep it insulated from everything else. Now, when I open OBDSoftware I have WOFF and WWI Scenery. When I open WOFF, I have the same exact tree that you show. When I run the .exe, JSGME shows Hellshade as installed. When I open Hellshades Screenshots folder, it's the same as you posted above. And I still get pistols and gloves in WOFF. As in so many cases, I feel the solution is a minuscule change and probably hiding in plain sight.

Not sure what JimAtrill did. Nowhere have I seen a folder named 'screenshots' or 'screenshots fixed'.

Thanks Andy73. I deleted everything and started afresh with Lothar's download. It got installed and worked on the first try.

You mean, I can see what directory a mod uses, and even change that?

How do you do that?

This is really basic "files and folders" management as you find in any "PC for dummies" book  :biggrin:

* You unzip the zipped mod file anywhere ( I have a special "Updates" folder with a sub-folder for each game where I store everything downloaded for that specific game - with a copy on my backup HD and another external HD).

* When that is done, you can just open it to see what is inside.

* From there you can add or delete any folder stage you want.

Corsair: I took CFSWWI, pulled it to the desktop, put it in a folder and put that one in another folder now titled CFSWWI_Over Flanders Fields, and returned it. It now sits directly above OBDSoftware. That should keep it insulated from everything else. Now, when I open OBDSoftware I have WOFF and WWI Scenery. 

Watch out, WW1Scenery belongs to OFF !

Edited by corsaire31

This is really basic "files and folders" management as you find in any "PC for dummies" book 

Yeah, thanks - well, I'm not THAT stupid.

I meant to ask, if a mod may be written for a specific directory, so it works alright.

And if so - how to change that.

But it doesn't seem to matter - as long as it works. And it does.

Olham, this was second degree joking ! I forgot to add the smiley...  :biggrin:

PS: Second degree joking too. After all, they are still called "Smileys".

Mmuahahahahaaa!!!