Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

dammit

this year is not starting very well.  my old landlord sold the house out from under us, and it went nasty enough that we had to move when he cut the power off (the bad part of utilities staying in his name, was good at the start of the lease because i didnt haveto shell out 600 bucks to get it turned on).  went to move to raleigh and this landlord signed a lease on payment of first months rent back on the 5th. he took the lease to "make copies" , then said he would not give us the lease until we paid the deposit.  when we paid that and got hte lease back, he had cut the signatur portion off, and pencilled in a whole bunch of changes!  i am currently trying to et a hold of the rental division of hte AG's office to look over both the lease, and the landlord himself.  one thing that sticks in my mind from the conversation friday night is him saying "oh i've never had to evict anyone, they all just seem to leave."  please pray for my family while we try to figure out just where we will be living.

Wow.

That is beyond insane and I hope legal action will turn out in your favor. I wish I could tell you something helpful ... perhaps your attorney general's office? I dunno.

some people are just SOB's for no apparent reason..

hope things will work out for the best!

Good luck had problems with Landlords before... hope everything turns out well for you...

Good luck man, with mofos like those you need to be completely untrusty. Keep as much ammo to sue the living crap out of them if you have to, probably that´s what would keep them from taking their shit too far. Hope it gets better eventually

Just hope that one day, your landlord will try 'not to evict' very bad people, and get what he deserves, with interests. And damages.

please pray for my family while we try to figure out just where we will be living.

Here's hoping you get it sorted DA - no Army contacts to help you out?

Hoping for the best Kevin. 

This is one scenario that the "don't buy, just rent" people have no good response to. When you don't own it, you're vulnerable to the whims of the owner. If they turn out to be a jackhole...