Hauksbee

How do you guys get such dramatic screenies...?

When I fly OFF/WOFF the only views I get are (1) Cockpit, (2) 6:00 tail-end view, and (3) Fly-by. Are there more camera angles I don't know about?

You just press F1 repeatedly, to get to the pan-able outside view.

Paused, you can then pan around your aircraft, and up and down,

zoom in and out - that's the way I do it, Hauksbee.

You pan either with the joystick hat or with the keypad 8, 2, 4, 6.

Two different outside views : Chase view where your airplane is always horizontal and the landscape moves around and spot view where the landscape is always horizontal and your airplane moves around.

In the views cycle with F1 is also a "Player to target view" if you selected a target inside the TAC with "TAB", and this view can be reversed with "V" to have the view from your target (then by pressing TAB you can cycle through all enemy planes around)

Edited by corsaire31

B'demned! 'Seems there are quite a few camera angles I was quite ignorant of. And after all these years of flying OFF. May I assume that WOFF follows the same rules?

Also there is the experimental observer view ("J").  See the FAQ on usage.

Also there is the experimental observer view ("J").  See the FAQ on usage.

Yes, I read about "J" at WOFF. It's the old-time basics that somehow slipped by me.

You're not alone!..I've been flying FSX since it came out...and only discovered the flyby view yesterday!!!!!

It's amazing the number of apps that think we don't need a manual.

Most of us just press some buttons and look at the key guide or key bindings  ;)  Heck I even did that in BF4

There are those of us that do a 'cannonball' into the pond to test the waters, and those who prefer to dabble a toe. I am of the latter, tho' I frequently wish I were the former.