I'm trying to add a A-10 SF1 series mod, but the Aircraft is invisible. also the stock cockpit is invisible. I saved the max file using the MaxExporter_Max2009 to LOD.

Edited by Spectre8750

I don't know a thing about creating LODs, but assuming you have created one correctly, then the most likely cause for missing components is either:

1) Incorrect file path (i.e. the LOD is not in the directory that is being searched by the game)

2) Incorrect file name

Of course some programming geeks might consider that the file name is really part of the complete file path, in which case there is only one cause of this problem.

Unicode vs ANSI???

1stGens can't read Unicode. Check your exportation

Thanks guys, it was a number things. Got it. Wrench! you know me, would i do something that stupid? Don't answer that!

img00001_zpsaff9d6c9.jpg

We're well on our way to Multi-player A-10's!

We need to decide wheather we want a spinning cannon, openning Slipway Door or spinning Engine Fans. Vote away.

Edited by Spectre8750

You can have spinning engine fans without sacrificing anything else.

FC

Wrench! you know me, would i do something that stupid?

NEVER!!!! lmaosmiley.gif.pagespeed.ce.SujmTMoybq.g

One more thing, I'm exporting low poly lod's for distance and the low poly's are causing the model to not show at all, is there a common reason for this? I tested the lod's individually as main model and they show ok, just not all together.

Yes.  Usually it's because you are not 'pruning' the model in order.

In other words, if this is your high poly model:

- Fuselage

-- Wing

--- Engine

You cannot do this:

- Fuselage

-- Engine

You have to do this:

- Fuselage

-- Wing

FC

If I use the Low poly's only they work. when I add the High then none work. I thought I pruned them correctly, but apparently not. Thanks FastCargo.

Edited by Spectre8750

Something I've run into also doing distenance lod's is if one mesh name is incorrectly spelled. It's a no show. Like lod 1 wing. lod 2 winh. lod 3 wing.

No, not necessarily.  The Super Hornet (because the basic model was so poly intensive) I did low poly models of.  The big thing is that the meshes you delete (if you delete any) have to be in order like I showed up top, and I THINK any deleted meshes can't be referenced in the data.ini file (ie you can't reference a pylon that doesn't exist in your lower poly versions of the model).

Here's what I did for the Super Hornet:

http://combatace.com/topic/35624-my-projects-ericj/?p=247486

FC

• Like 1

Thanks FastCargo!!! Very nice work on that Super Hornet!!!

Edited by Spectre8750