Sign in to follow this  
Geary

Looking for VAC SF Profile

Does anyone have a Strike Fighters profile for the VAC (Voice Activated Commands) program they are willing to share?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I've tried the Shoot program for which there's a profile here at CA but the program doesn't run well on my computer for SF2.  I'm guessing it's the 64-bit that confuses it.

I've also tried other voice activated command programs but only obtained spotty results at best.  Although it could just be unresponsive wing men.

VAC looks like it might work, but it's a rather extensive program with lots of confusing command entry choices that don't all make sense to me. ( I think you need a doctorate degree in filling out block spaces to set up a profile for this program.)

And, unfortunately, the VAC site does not contain a profile for Strike Fighters.

Any help, especially a profile, is greatly appreciated.

Geary

I have one I can send you tonight, when I get home from work.

I would very much appreciate it.

Hey Geary

It's to bad you are having trouble getting Shoot to run with SF2, I am running 64bit vista and it runs great so I don't think that 64 bit Is the issue......Did you take the time to run through all the voice tutorials within windows before using the program with SF, as tedious as the training is, it makes a big difference how well the program runs.

It is very simple and very effective within the game and if you can get it going I am sure you would like it.

Cheers

Romflyer

Romflyer,

I ran through all the tutorials with in Windows.  As you know the Shoot program is predicated on the Windows voice recognition program.  Shoot works haphazardly for me.  It seems to ignore about 75% of the commands.  It may only be my imagination but I swear I can hear my wingmen chuckling at my hysterical screaming over the radio as they watch me get my tail ignited and ignore my commands.

If it's working for you on a 64-bit machine, maybe I should give it another try.

Hey Geary
you defineatly need to speak clearly and deliberately, I always leave a slight pause between each statement " Control...Vector Target", "Flight one...Engage air", "Flight two...engage ground" If you look at the Q-card that I uploaded with the profile you can see the way the program hears what it needs to hear in order to press the correct keys for you.

A good way to get used to how to speak at the program is to open up Shoot and load the SF2 profile and then just practice while looking at the GUI for shoot....If it understands you it will show the phrase and the keystrokes, this way you can tell when you are saying it clearly enough.....and no one else in your flight will be listening and snickering at you.....while some mig hands you your ass.

It's also a good idea to print out the Q-card and keep it close by until you get used to exactly what the phrases to use are.

Hope that helps....Let me know how you make out.

Cheers

Romflyer

Hi Guys. I have used shoot for my setup and find that if a command is misunderstood once, then it gafs up the rest of commands. I would like to try VAC. Is there anywhere to DL profile?