Geezer

More FE Ground Objects

Steven 1918 and I are hatching a plot to develop more ground objects.  First shot shows WIPs for WW1 AA stuff, plus a balloon winch.  I'm also working on ground objects for 1940 desert war airfields and landing grounds.

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

• Like 2

Will you mind sharing those with Il2 community?

Will you mind sharing those with Il2 community?

No, in principle I have no problem with sharing this stuff.  The only potential problem is file conversion so IL2 can accept textures and models designed for FE2.  I have no interest in learning how to do that, but if someone else will convert the files I'm willing to talk to them.

Excellent models and skins. These will be a great addition to FE. I especially like the Brit AA gunners in their shorts. I'm looking forward to these.

Nice stuff there! I don't suppose the ballon winch will actually winch down balloons?

No, in principle I have no problem with sharing this stuff.  The only potential problem is file conversion so IL2 can accept textures and models designed for FE2.  I have no interest in learning how to do that, but if someone else will convert the files I'm willing to talk to them.

If those are in MAX there's no problem modifying them to fit Il2.

Progress shots below of stuff for WW1 AA guns, maintenance stuff, and 1940 desert landing ground stuff.

• Like 3

The maintenance equipment is awesome. The step ladders, tables and ground crew will be perfect for the airfields. Those sheds are great too.

Progress shot below.  Still gotta finish the Brit uniforms, and then complete the Austrian MG - Austrian observer in foreground.

• Like 4

The French, German, and Italian AA guns are complete.  Nearly complete are the Austrian and British AA guns.

• Like 2

You should make a "base" for the AAA objects. A radius of scuffed dirt to be seen from the air. Stephen 1918 did it with his AAA guns.

The new AA guns are complete - see below.  I have no clue about how to attribute these guns once I export them to the game - I'm still learning this stuff.  To save time, can anyone point me to some instructions or maybe volunteer to assist in helping release these models?

You should make a "base" for the AAA objects. A radius of scuffed dirt to be seen from the air. Stephen 1918 did it with his AAA guns.

Not a bad idea.  I've been in contact with Steven 1918, but he is currently busy with real world stuff so adding a base to the MGs will have to wait until I can find out how to do it.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 2

The guns on the tree trunks are great! What ever works, right?!

It will be good to see these in the sim. I would hate it if they were just vaporware, is there any time line on release?

It will be good to see these in the sim. I would hate it if they were just vaporware, is there any time line on release?

Producing new models for DL is a two-part process that I am still learning how to do.  I've figured out the first part - developing the models and textures in a 3D program such as 3dsMax.  The second part is converting the models to files that will run in-game, plus tweaking attributes, ini files, etc.  I'm getting a little help from some of the old timers, but they are currently busy with real world stuff so I can't really provide a target date other than "pretty soon."

• Like 1

"Two weeks"  :grin:

LOL!   Latest progress shots below.

• Like 1

Very nice!

You should start to release it!  :blum:

I'm drooling over these ... thinking of how many I can import to SF2, for my WW2 mods. Some of those building will be perfect for the upcoming CBI map!!

Great work Geezer!!

I'm drooling over these ... thinking of how many I can import to SF2, for my WW2 mods. Some of those building will be perfect for the upcoming CBI map!!

Great work Geezer!!

Thanks.  I have a number of additional China ground objects that I have not looked at in over a year - some shots below.  I already have too much to do, but if you're willing to wait a while, I can dust off the China objects and release them also.

Edited by Geezer
  • Like 3

Added a maintenance shed and a German tent hangar yesterday and this morning.  That should be a wrap except for some groups of figures suggested by Steven 1918 - mechanics and pilots walking or standing around.  The airfield objects should be released in about "two weeks."  :biggrin:

• Like 3