Sign in to follow this  
Rends

Strike Fighters 2 needs a logo

Ok Graphic Gurus,

Anyone willing to create a Logo for this Sim?

What i would like to have is a logo that i can stamp on every GUI screen.

The Thirdwire Mainscreen logo looks so poor like a 12 years old has create it and it doesn't deserve the name logo.

Oh i apologize to all 12 years old people out there. You would have made it better.

Rends

• Like 1

Are you talking about the menu buttons, or the actual icon (like for shortcuts) themselves?? Or the startup splash screen (which CAN be changed -disremember how, however)

for icons, there should be some in the 1stGen downloads someplace ... I made a bunch of them.

of course, to be really RUDE, you can use this...

http://combatace.com/gallery/image/27608-no-3w-support/

yes, I'm in a very bad mood/place this afternoon...

(and of course, the fucking image isn't linking. anything else gonna go right??

Edited by Wrench
  • Haha 1

Not buttons.

Even Combatace has a nice logo with an aircraft and a crosshair on top of this side.

And yes i want to replace the loading screen or loadout hangar....

Lot of addon aircreft comes with own images and i want to "uniform" them with a stamp of a SF2 logo.

that's easy...

make a "generic" loading screen, like I've done for the WW2 mods, and just place in the /Flight folder. The game will use that one first.

look in the SF2 templates section;

hangar screen template

http://combatace.com/files/file/12452-sf2-hangar-screen-template/

all the others:

http://combatace.com/files/file/10944-sf2-series-menu-screen-templates/

for loading screens for specific, individual aircraft, those go into that aircraft's main folder.

Edited by Wrench

There's nothing wrong with the Third Wire logo - quite cool getting the '3' and the 'W' into a square.

3w_logo_zpsb0597b09.gif

Edited by Spinners

I think, what Rends means is the green ShortCut Icon.

It looks really cheap , it should be something better looking.

Rends' opening post doesn't mention the word icon - I take the Third Wire logo to be the picture I've posted above.

Sorry if it's hard to understand what i mean.

If you start SF2 it looks somewhat like this.

A poor made 3 different Fonts logo rotated a bit. Something that can be done in 3minutes

post-86717-0-02867900-1394274150.jpg

It would be way cooler if it's more professional made like the combatace logo

post-86717-0-53704200-1394274261.png

There's nothing wrong with the Third Wire logo - quite cool getting the '3' and the 'W' into a square.

3w_logo_zpsb0597b09.gif

Damn, i've never realized there was a "3" and a "w" before. To me it was just some sort of stylised arrow-sih logo :D

Sorry if it's hard to understand what i mean.

Only hard to understand because you're incorrectly using the word 'logo'.

Here, let wiki help...

logo is a graphic mark or emblem commonly used by commercial enterprises, organizations and even individuals to aid and promote instant public recognition.

Damn, i've never realized there was a "3" and a "w" before. To me it was just some sort of stylised arrow-sih logo :D

It took me a while to cotton on too!

Oh, the good ol wiki.

On the german website it says:

Ein Logo ist ein grafisches Zeichen (Signet), das ein bestimmtes Subjekt repräsentiert – z. B. ein Unternehmen, eine Organisation, Privatpersonen oder ein Produkt.

Means product too

Anyway, with the pictures above it should be clear now what i mean.

Rends is asking about the 'splash screen', and as I mentioned above is relatively easy to change (although I don't remember how)

EDIT: it's called INITSCREEN, and for a modded one, goes in the /Flight folder. The DAT has done this on many of their all-incusive mods

as to icons ... I seem to recall there being a buttload in the 1stGen downloads someplace

Edited by Wrench

Plants vs Zombies? - don't remember that one!

Lot of the problems with the original games screens is that they are low res 1024 x 768 (4:3) - so get stretched a lot if you have a high res monitor (16:9) for example - and look terrible!

since I'm still using them "square" monitor, I've never done screen templates for the wide-screens. But I think (operative word=not quite remembering!) someone did widescreen screens

SF2:Z "Planes vs Zombies"

(don't forget, I did a 'zombie infantry' mod -- they even moan and groan. never did a 'brains ... brains...' wav for them!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

AAAARGH,

Can anyone delete this topic?

I'm pretty sure there will never be any takers since we are down at zombieslevel right now.

I HATE ZOMBIES!

;-)

ive been looking at this...logo...got some text effects for the title...will have a go at logo etc,and main titles.

post-1981-0-75046600-1394326031.jpg

• Like 1

Finaly.

Love the 80/90s style. Remember me of the golden era of air sims.

Can i make a few suggestions?

I'm not sure but shouldn't it be two words Strike Fighters instead of one Strikefighters?

Dunno if it makes a difference.

And can you reduce the space between bothe lines a bit?

Edited by Rends

Its just to show what u can get...will do as u request...and a few other options.

• Like 1

This is my current mainscreen, I've got rid of the buttons I never use to tidy things up a little & added a fly now button to the loadout screen so that you don't need to go back to the hangar screen when you're ready to fly, all aspects of the entire menus are pretty easy to customise I think, even to the extent of giving all your different exes an ini of its own with its own menu instructions in it, [useful if you only have one great big mods folder like me].......look in the base SF2 game folder for these inis they all point to different "modules" telling the game engine which default terrain ect to use. Just create your own modules for your needs.

post-841-0-42259000-1394395082_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

That's a cracker Ant and removes the Instant Action which I occasionally select in error.

Thanks m8, just answering an old question here aswell......you CAN have multiple InitScreens for different exes too, with their own unique names.

I have done a series of menu screens too, havent changed the buttons or anything but still.. optimized for 16:9 screens.. Got a whole series of them almost all menu screens. Will include for Iran/Iraq once released..

MAINSCREEN.jpg

• Like 8

Unfortunately TK has his vision with Strike Fighters and as everybody well knows, it doesn't always conform to what we want or expect or hope for.  His intention is to have a game for "fun" (i've got a lot of other things on the mind to directly quote him) and admittedly and unfortunately that translates into the game we have now.