Sign in to follow this  
Deadhead

Time to eat my words? Oh yeah!

Ok a few days ago i posted that i thought all the German fighters fly like bricks , well oops i was wrong. Since then ive tried out the Dr1 , EIII , DVII and Pfalz DIII and tho they're not all the easiest to handle I have to say that theyre nowhere near as bad as I thought. I now use more rudder than bank in combat and find that this helps a lot . However probably the biggest mistake I was making was not checking power settings when coming out of autopilot , duh what a complete idiot.

I had assumed that settings would revert to the joystick well i was wrong. I do wish that trim settings would saty as i left them ( I know some ppl say they shouldnt be used cos the original A/c didnt have them but I use them anyway)

So, anyone who may have been put off by my previous post , shouldnt be. I still havent tried the Albs. or the Halberstadt but I'm really pleased that the Pfalz flies so nicely and I still think that the German A/c are outclassed by the allied planes I've tried.

So yeah time for some humble pie ( eat crow ) , anyone want a slice?

Ok a few days ago i posted that i thought all the German fighters fly like bricks , well oops i was wrong. Since then ive tried out the Dr1 , EIII , DVII and Pfalz DIII and tho they're not all the easiest to handle I have to say that theyre nowhere near as bad as I thought. I now use more rudder than bank in combat and find that this helps a lot . However probably the biggest mistake I was making was not checking power settings when coming out of autopilot , duh what a complete idiot.

I had assumed that settings would revert to the joystick well i was wrong. I do wish that trim settings would saty as i left them ( I know some ppl say they shouldnt be used cos the original A/c didnt have them but I use them anyway)

So, anyone who may have been put off by my previous post , shouldnt be. I still havent tried the Albs. or the Halberstadt but I'm really pleased that the Pfalz flies so nicely and I still think that the German A/c are outclassed by the allied planes I've tried.

We have all been there! Don't sweat it mate! Apologies are always the best approach in such situations. It earns you respect. You've got mine!

Arrrgghhh!!! Crow pie... ! bad.gif.pagespeed.ce.25MdIsc0if.gif

It's good to see someone who admits he posted too early without full knowledge, or who can admit he was wrong.

Must often be hard to be a dev, when they see such posts.

I had also ranted about the FM of planes in WOFF, simply out of ignorance - I had ignored the chance, that they

might have CHANGED the FMs I used to know in WOFF; and that they might have done so, only to get a good

step further to more realism. And I always thought I held the OBD devs in the highest esteem.

Did I trust them good enough? I think I failed there sometimes...

I guess several German planes were inferiour to several Entente fighters.

But why fight or argue for a better FM? The pilots could only fly the planes they were given.

No British pilot could say "No, if it is only that hopeless case of a BE2 you can give me, then that's no deal!"

He knew or quickly learned how bad it was.

And then he had to learn to make the best of it.

That is what I am trying now with the planes I am flying.

I didn't say I'd never complain about anything anymore though - when I see something that I find obviously

wrong, then I'll post it. But I'll try not to complain too early and easily anymore.

Have some trust in them devs - they are fanboys themselves, and they are determined to get it right.

Edited by Olham

No thanks, I've got some unfinished crow of my own...