Sign in to follow this  
MICHMOOSE

Is it just me, or is the chaff and flare still bent?

These aircraft did not have chaff and flare systems as do modern fighters.

There were chaff dispensers in this era but they were external store pods that were used to lay down chaff corridors...they were not used as a self-defense measure.

There were no flare systems as we know them now. Flares in this time frame were large illumination devices dropped from external store pods and were used to light up target areas at night.

The chaff and flare function in the game is reserved for later game development.

Good info Andy, thanks...

Good seeing you guys from SimHQ come over here for a spell while they are offline :)

yeah, andy whats up with the simhq board?

the only one i know that might have the flare/chaff in the aircraft is maybe the F104, but thats it, everything else is in pods.

These aircraft did not have chaff and flare systems as do modern fighters.

Andy?! Nice to see you drop by! Any news on the forums at SimHQ?

didn't the F-4e have limited jamming dapabilities and the use of countermeasures?(chaff and flares) yes stored in external pod but still there?

I seem to recall that a mod to Marine F4b's nick named Shoehorn gave them chaff and flares also RWR. It was called Shoehorn because that is what it took to get this gear installed in those birds because of limited space.

The Marine F4J's had the ALQ126 which gave it chaff,flare and it also had RWR. I think the F4B's used the ALQ100 ,