I've searched through the Knowledge base, done Google searches, searched the forums here, but I can't find an answer.  I have a modded Battle of Britain WW2 install.  Every time I click on Campaign in the Main screen, the game crashes.  I have other WW2 modded installs, and when I click on Campaign in those, all the campaigns, including modern ones show up.  This is the only install that shows this behavior.  I've searched everywhere.  Can anyone give me a clue as to what to look at?  I used SF2 Expansion Pack 2 as the exe on this install, but the previous install was based on SF2NA.  Both exes crash when campaign is selected on the main screen.  I know it's probably something simple/stupid, but I can't find it doing searches here, or on Google.

ps.  Forgot to mention that I have a full five merged install, so no versions of the sim are missing.

Edited by Heck

Try to change these lines into the file "Options",you must have it into the modded folder.

[Campaign]
CampaignName=                                         <-------------  type the campaign's name
PlayerService=                                            <-------------  RAF or Nazy Germany 
PlayerUnit=                                                  <-------------  the unit
AircraftType=                                               <-------------  the plane
Difficulty=NORMAL
Length=NORMAL
AircraftSupply=NORMAL
WeaponSupply=NORMAL
LoadCampaign=FALSE
CampaignSavename=DefaultCampaignSave

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo

Thanks, Ice Man.  Already did that and it didn't fix the problem.  In my other WW2 installs, I left it at default, and all campaigns, both WW2 and modern show up.

Im suffering the same with my attemp of Wings over Russia for SF2, i can fly every plane in single mission but i cant star any campaign.... I hope we find whats is wrong

Im suffering the same with my attemp of Wings over Russia for SF2, i can fly every plane in single mission but i cant star any campaign.... I hope we find whats is wrong

I hope so too, Hans.  I'll keep looking and experimenting with things.  Not finding much in the Knowledge Base.

Yes, first time i believe that its terrain problem but i played single mission, after thought its campaign data files to be wrong..... i checked it and no..... im furious, we have a lot of WWII planes for eastern front and cant fly it...

Okay.  My latest error log in Winblows 8 says the error is in the CampaignSreen.dll.  

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error
Date:          3/12/2014 8:44:24 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      xxxxxxx  I changed this...
Description:
Faulting application name: StrikeFighters2 Battle of Britain.exe, version: 12.7.2.33, time stamp: 0x5004417c
Faulting module name: CampaignScreen.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x500ed1d1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000241a
Faulting process id: 0xbe0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3df0c7c08370
Faulting application path: C:\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\StrikeFighters2 Battle of Britain.exe
Faulting module path: C:\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Menu\CampaignScreen.dll
Report Id: 09d5f622-a9e4-11e3-8116-d4bed9e09314
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-03-12T12:44:24.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>44378</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Dragons</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>StrikeFighters2 Battle of Britain.exe</Data>
    <Data>12.7.2.33</Data>
    <Data>5004417c</Data>
    <Data>CampaignScreen.dll</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>500ed1d1</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000241a</Data>
    <Data>be0</Data>
    <Data>01cf3df0c7c08370</Data>
    <Data>C:\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\StrikeFighters2 Battle of Britain.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Menu\CampaignScreen.dll</Data>
    <Data>09d5f622-a9e4-11e3-8116-d4bed9e09314</Data>
    <Data>

Now I just have to figure out what all this Winblows barf means... :biggrin:
Edited by Heck

Hey, Heck and Hans. (Try sayin' that three times fast!) I'm not sure if this will fix your particular problems as there are a million things that could be wrong, but I had similar issues with both of those Campaigns. This is how I fixed BoB: http://combatace.com/topic/77843-what-makes-campaigns-tick/ . This was the fix for WoR: http://combatace.com/topic/78069-another-question-about-old-terrains/page-1?do=findComment&comment=622132 . Wierd fixes for wierd problems, lol. By the way, Hans; try my menu screen mod for WoR and WoA, here: http://combatace.com/files/file/13996-wings-over-africa-and-wings-over-russia-sf1-style-menu-screens-in-sf2/ . This lets you use the beautiful menu screens that came with those mods. Hope this helps you guys out.

• Like 1

Hey, Heck and Hans. (Try sayin' that three times fast!) I'm not sure if this will fix your particular problems as there are a million things that could be wrong, but I had similar issues with both of those Campaigns. This is how I fixed BoB: http://combatace.com/topic/77843-what-makes-campaigns-tick/ . This was the fix for WoR: http://combatace.com/topic/78069-another-question-about-old-terrains/page-1?do=findComment&comment=622132 . Wierd fixes for wierd problems, lol. By the way, Hans; try my menu screen mod for WoR and WoA, here: http://combatace.com/files/file/13996-wings-over-africa-and-wings-over-russia-sf1-style-menu-screens-in-sf2/ . This lets you use the beautiful menu screens that came with those mods. Hope this helps you guys out.

Thanks, SupGen.  I'll give it a try.

ps.  That's weird.  Letting the game put back in the stock aircraft restored the campaign in my Battle of Britain mod.  It even sees my modded campaign files.  Too weird.  Thanks, SupGen.

Edited by Heck

CTD when in try to fly in single mission, CTD in campaign when i push the campaign button..... Thanks SupGen for your efforts

Edited by Hans Topp

After kill my effects, menu and flight folders, copy the effects from WOA for SF2 and put your files SupGen it works!!!!! Of course it don't menu screens but works..... Im so happy to fly it, i add the necesary to have screens

I say three times Heck and Hans and bited my tongue!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Edited by Hans Topp

Glad I could help you guys out. Heck, I told ya it was weird, no? IIRC, in my case, the game kept trying to run Operation Kadesh; since there were no modern aircraft in the folder, it would crash. Adding modern aircraft back into the folder, along with those required for BoB let me select the BoB Campaign; which was then first up on subsequent starts. Why this happened however, I have no idea. :blink:

Thought I had it.  It doesn't crash out now, after following your instructions, but now all it gives me as a British, or German Fighter pilot is a two plane reconnaissance mission for each and every mission.  It changes the target every time, but it's always a two plane reconnaissance.  Ho boy....