hurricane3

Esc in First Eagles I

OK.

That does clarify one thing though: you are not really "exiting" the game when you press ALT+E or ESC etc when using the EXIT_FLIGHT command. The controls, your keyboard are fine and work.

Your exiting of missions are actually CTDs. 

As you have only one terrain, you could try a simple mod as Wrench suggested earlier, ie, useEffectShader=TRUE to useEffectShader=FALSE in the two places it occurs, as this was causing CTD in exiting missions for some people a few years back.

Maybe your problem is a different and is a new graphics/computer problem, but its just as likely to be this one.

Anyway, whatever you decide, all the best hurricane3.

EDIT: Found a post on the TW Forums (in 2006!!!). Seems same as your problem. http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB3w/viewtopic.php?t=3585

Edited by extremeone

Nope, I went into the terrain files and changed every instance of UseEffectShader=true to false but it didn't change anything.I'am resigned to live with it now.

Nope, I went into the terrain files and changed every instance of UseEffectShader=true to false but it didn't change anything.I'am resigned to live with it now.

Did you change Cambrai and Verdun, the stock ones? The post I directed you to in the TW forums seems to suggest it could also be a problem caused by stock terrains, and the ini files for them need to be extracted.

The only texture file that had lines about shaders was the Flanders folder.The Verdun,and Cambrai folders ini's didn't have anything about shaders in their terrain folders

The only texture file that had lines about shaders was the Flanders folder.The Verdun,and Cambrai folders ini's didn't have anything about shaders in their terrain folders

Odd. I just extracted the stock data files for those terrains and the standard ones definitely have those lines.

You looked at the files "WWIVERDUN_DATA.ini" and "WWICAMBRAI_DATA.ini"?

Edited by extremeone

Yep, after I got your post I went back to look just to be sure and those are the two ini files I looked at and nether one has anything about shaders.Also I just found out when in the Flanders terrain and I hit Esc ends the mission and just goes to the previous screen like it's supposed to do.And the plot thickens when going into both the Cambrai and Verdun terrain there is often a graphics problem when I pan to the right of the aircraft the ground loses it's texture.After I get airborne the graphic are ok.This only does it in the two terrain Cambri and Verdun ,the same two that when hitting Esc takes me out of the game.

hurricane3, good, we (and Wrench some time back!) seem to have identified the problem as the terrain data inis. Its probably causing your other graphical issues too.

You should fix them, and best you try to extract and change the files yourself (they should have those lines), but if you can't  another option below can be done ....

Attached are the clean ones I just extracted, for you to download if you want. They are from FE1 Expansion Pack Version Nov 2008. They will likely work for any version of FE1 Expansion pack. I had to zip the files, can't attach text files. And have changed the lines to FALSE already.  if you want to just try this just make backup copies of the wwiCambrai & wwiVerdun Folders, and put these files in their appropriate sub-directories, eg wwiCambrai Folder etc.If it doesn't work, you should just delete and restore the old version you copied.

Terrain.rar

Edited by extremeone

YES, you did it! That even took care of the graphics problem.Thankyou so much ,your in the will!

Great! And your welcome.Glad we fixed it, must have been totally annoying.