Forgive me if this has been asked before (I am sure it must have) but a forum search did not help me. Getting back into SF2V after a year off.

I have SF2V (and only SF2V - no expansions purchased) that I purchased in 2009. At the Third Wire site the last patch specifically for SF2V is May 2011 which I have. I am going to do a fresh install of it and eburger's wonderful Vietnam add-on from CombatAce here.

Is May 2011 the last patch I need for my straight SF2V install?

Thanks in advance. I have been to several forums and can't find a point blank answer.

Yes...the whole "which patch for which type of install" adds greatly to the confusion and the patch "read me's" ain't a help!

I have an SF2V May 2013 exe that I downloaded a while back - so I would say you must be able to go to 2013

Hmmm...ok thanks.

Is the latest SF2 patch all inclusive?

Is that the only one I need?

It will need to be at a certain level first - when you try to install the patch it will moan and tell you.

So Mar 2012 - but to get from where you are will require certain other patches - but I cant tell you what you need.

If you brought SF2V via the download you will be able to get the latest version directly - if you have the email receipt & password.

Edited by MigBuster

Oh boy....patching should not be this complicated.

However your idea of a re-Download is a good one.

Hopefully I can find that e-mail. Thanks.

Many thanks sir!

Your idea of a re-download was an excellent one! And it's dated July 2013.

Much easier than trying to figure out a patch sequence.

Luckily I still had that old e-mail account and I requested a new access code and 10 seconds latter I was downloading away....

Download all done.

Of interest the d/l is about 100 MB smaller than it was in 2009.

Wonder what's up with that?

Be careful, the newer the patch the more restricted the game is.  TK has slowly taken away more and more modding ability as time has gone on when it comes to the SF2 series.

Download all done.

Of interest the d/l is about 100 MB smaller than it was in 2009.

Wonder what's up with that?

TK rearranged the cat files at some point so I expect some of the files that were used in SF and WOE are not included.

Well maybe I had better save my 2009 version just in case I have some compatibility issues with eburger's mod.

Guess I can manually patch the old version if needed - I hope not as it sounds awfully complicated. Thanks gentlemen.