Sign in to follow this  
Rends

Will SF2 be compatible with Oculus rift?

Just wonder i this thing will be compatible without work from the game devs?

sF2 doesn't have thousand of keyboard commands and the most importand could be used blind with your joystick/hotas.

• Like 1

Somebody has claimed to get it working with a dev model I assume:

Just in case anyone is interested I have managed to get all the SF2 series games working perfectly with the Oculus Rift with only very minimal hacking! icon_biggrin.gif

You basically need 2 bits of software, Opentrack 2.0 which is free for the headtracking and Nthusim HMD early access build which takes care of the image split, Nthusim site here:- http://www.forums.nthusim.com/viewforum ... 62b71521fc

It only in 2D for the moment as Nthusim are still working on the 3D side of things but the experience is really immersive and very playable, flying the Lightninig and Hunter in VR is something I've dreamed of doing for years!

Only hacks I had to make were in the options.ini to set the Aspect Ratio to 1.00000 (this is due to a bug with the latest build of Nthusim) and I then hacked the head motion yaw and pitch limits for each aircraft so you can turn your head wherever you want which feels much more natural, I used the following limits:-

MaxYaw=210
MinYaw=-210
MaxPitch=180
MinPitchFront=-90
MinPitchRear=-90

If anyone is interested I can do a full write up of how to get it all working, it really is very easy though and I can also upload the hacked aircraft files to drag and drop if anyone really want them?

Enjoy!

Des
PS I also got AeroflyFS and Xplane 9 & 10 working with the Rift now!

• Like 1

Yo gang!

Another Vive user here

some might recollect me from time long past as having vague interest in Strike FIghters 2 :D :D :D

anyway, any word on using SF/SF2 in VR? Vorpx for example? I think this might be something renewing my active SF2 flying/modding

cheerio!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stary said:

Yo gang!

Another Vive user here

some might recollect me from time long past as having vague interest in Strike FIghters 2 :D :D :D

anyway, any word on using SF/SF2 in VR? Vorpx for example? I think this might be something renewing my active SF2 flying/modding

cheerio!

Hi dear Stary, :hi:

Would you have something in mind ? :good:

Best regards, 

Coupi.

Edited by Coupi
  • Like 1

Hello Coupi :)

I just want to fly SF2 in VR ...badly

trying to search if someone made it working

maybe series 1 at least, will report back in few days IF I find anything

• Thanks 1