Sign in to follow this  
manitouguy

trouble running flights with quack74 skins

hi all, am struggling with getting the wonderful quack74 skins to run in my fe2

i think that my issue is that i cannot figure out what to set my 'austria2' numbers to as instructed by quack??

i cannot seem to find an original 'nations' ini file? so not sure what number to start the austria2 at?

i tried to count the number of nations i had listed in the game pull down menu (i had 17, or 18 if you count 'none') but setting the number to that didn't work

when i put the modified 'nations' ini back in the flight folder in the users mod chain, and fire up the game ... i get no countries listed in the 'service' pull down and thus the game hangs when i try to fly

if i pull the nations ini file out of the folder, then the game will work ok so long as i don't choose one of the aviatiks ..

any advice or direction much appreciated

thanks, Ron

ok, messing a bit more - can now fly all the aviatiks with different camos but still need to figure out how to correct the nations ini to add in austria2 and number the decals as well to corresponding identities

regards, Ron

I added a new "Nation" to the NATIONS.INI found in the Flight folder. I named it Austria2. I did this so the Austrian decals (Insignias) would be just black crosses. The Austrian markings were a bit different than German and changed at different times. I also created new decals for the Austria2 nation. I cant remember if I released it all. I have a huge pack of skins and decals for the Italian terrain to release. Just very hard to figure how to package it all. Let me see what I have for you. It  will have to be later tonight after work. Hold tight. We'll fix it up.

Add these files

Austria2.zip

Edited by quack74

Hi Quack, yes i think i got those from your other downloads packs (part 1 or part 2 for the aviatiks)

i think my problem is that i don't know what numbers to rename the 40, 41 and 42 to, and the respective decals names to correspond

i cannot figure out how many nations i already have as i cannot find an original or initial ini file for nations to see the total??

does that make sense?

oh, and did anyone ever do a nicer hi res cockpit of the aviatik? the original is nice but doesn't seem as detailed w textures as some?

regards, Ron

MissionData001.cat is where the original Nations.ini resides (on all 3W sims)

thanks wrench, as i am new to all of this ... i am going to guess ... do i need to download some special tool to open and edit 'cat' dat files?

sorry!

Yes, you'll need the 3rd Wire cat extractor tool. We should have it here, in the SF2 downloads, or you can get it straight from TK

http://www.thirdwire.com/downloads_tools.htm

the latest is the one at the top, dated April 2012.

However, THAT version doesn't "see" lod files. You can probably get by with an earlier one. Pick one that's dated closest to which ever version of FE you're running.

ok thanks wrench - i downloaded the march one - maybe it will work?

next dumb question ... how do i use it to view missiondata001.cat .. is it pretty straightforward?

cheers, Ron

(oh and i see on your link there is a weapons editor and another editor for first eagles .. what are those for ? .. do i need one to show the flight leader streamers on the morane bullet? i can't get those to show up)

allright - getting the hang of the extractor - have the nations.ini working now with the austria listing and decals showing correctly

another question ... where do i find the sounds ini and weaponsdata (still trying to sort some of the loadouts like the morane n streamer)

thanks, Ron

:biggrin:

welcome to OUR world!!!

the other 2 editors, as could see there, are the weapons and guns. Not sure if you'll be needing them just as yet!